Mods you hate or dislike

No, it's very good that it's not a mod, so you're allowed to criticise it. Even make fun of its head writer without even proving that you could do better!
What I meant with unfortunatley is, that a mod could be dismissed by each individual as invalid, while a game is there and cannot be dismissed.

So i skipped through this thread and on one hand i am really glad nobody mentioned my mods, on the other hand i kinda wish for some attention, no matter if good or bad. :>

On topic, I stopped caring much about other mods. If i like something, i comment it and specify what exactly i like about it, what could be done better, etc. as i feel the modder deserves feedback. If i dont like a mod, i usually delete it and thats it... this of course also results in me thinking my shit is bad, because people rarely comment it. Oh well. :>

Uh, there is one thing, though... anime hair in fo3/fnv mods. I hate it so much, if a quest mod - no matter how good - has anime hair in it, i am out.
Didn't you make an Advanced Power Armour mod for Fallout 3 and NV? I used that, it was great :D

I didn't like either Beyond Boulder Dome or Dog City Denver. THe former mostly because it corrupted lots of my savefiles and I disliked both the BOS SAVIORS! Plot and the MUAHAHAHAHA PLOT TWIST!. It did have a nice new worldspace. The latter because every quest had that "MUAHAHAHAHA PLOT TWIST!" and the fog they used to cover draw distance made me dizzy.

OK I just remembered some from when F4 first came out.

Those "cheat mods" that added shit like 1m bottlecaps in a crate outside of Sanctuary. What purpose does this mod serve? It's completely pointless, and anyone with a brain could use console commands.

Where to begin.

I'm pretty disappointed in the general direction Skyrim modding has gone in that it's mostly a haven for echi-enthusiasts. I think a Horse Vagina mod was added circa 2012; still trying to figure out what kind of meaningful gameplay this mod added to the Skyrim universe - not sure if I ever will. Criticism of this is usually met with "don't like it, don't download it." I don't, but I can't stop it from dominating the hotfiles time and again.

Follower mods are relatively disappointing and consist [mostly] of barbie dolls that are there to serve as saddlebags with massive tits and stiletto high-heels. There are some gems like Inigo or Aurlyn Dawnstone, but they're diamonds in the rough. Either way, not a fan of 95% of the mods that make up the follower/companion section on the nexus.

Don't much care about Fallout 4 mods since I feel like that's an attempt to resurrect a cadaver. Good luck with that one modders.

AWOP for FNV was pretty miserable as an experience because it added a lot of content that, simply, didn't make any sense. I think the modder was aiming to do what Bethesda did (make a bunch of dungeons that were vaguely relevant to the setting). There was this bizarre underground hub that was accessible by a radio station building just outside of the Strip, and then there was a Summer camp lodge (near the Khan's hideout) that apparently had an underground railway filled with Super mutant behemoths or something like that. This was pretty much when I reverted the save and uninstalled the mod. Turning FNV into an arcade-shooting gallery was not what I had in mind.

Unfortunatley, Fallout 4 is not a mod.

Hah. Arguable.

The single thing i liked about AWOP was that it added a meaty bit to Dead Money. And unless the Vanilla additions already explained here, it made sanse and logically fit in the setting. Also there's a 12.7mm with way too much bullets there, but that's more like a balance issue.

Guys I noticed that there is a lot of hate for Fallout 4, so I've made a list of mods that will help 'fix' the game. Really you guys should've relied on 3rd party modifications to fix a product you bought from the very start but oh well XD.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20950/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2882/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14099/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10170/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13776/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2062/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4253/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9279/?
kill me please and vat this stupid thread

Wow. This...this....this is worse than Willow.

I don't know why but I can't help but imagine you sounding like Lord Hater now. "This..this is not awesome"

As for mods, AWOP for it's fucking buggy mess and shoving shit everywhere that makes no logical sense, Willow/Vanessa for obvious reasons, FOOP (I think it's called) overhaul mod is pretty bad IMO, doesn't like to be compatible with others.

Burning Tales is a good mod IMO, a bit tricky to do the 2nd part of it but overall, I like the idea of no markers, just relying on wit and memory, also doesn't rely on killing a shitton of enemies in front of you.

A mod I'm trying recently that's actually pretty damn entertaining is the Pandemic mod, which I have to say is more challenging than DUST and pretty intense. Only thing I despise however is the green sky, but fuck it....oh, and Power Armor isn't that amazing despite the creator stating that Power Armor is supposed to be a tank, yet a fucking headshot from small arms is enough to bring me down. K..

oh and Alice Grinder, Best Mod of All Time

Yes! Someone finally reads something I said Lord Hater's voice! :D
LordHatersGonnaHate_zps32d146bb.gif

I dislike when mod authors don't properly or avoid navmeshing their mods. If it isn't meshed properly, I won't use it.

I dislike when mod authors don't properly or avoid navmeshing their mods. If it isn't meshed properly, I won't use it.

Would it be proper to criticize their mod in that case or at least acknowledge it in the comments because I am struggling to understand your logic on this issue at times?

Would it be proper to criticize their mod in that case or at least acknowledge it in the comments because I am struggling to understand your logic on this issue at times?
I've contacted some modders, offered to give advice or even do it for them, there are unfortunately bigger egos in the newer entries and no one was willing to accept help. Posting a comment on their threads about what they did wrong wouldn't help. plus, there are so many mods that just do such a bad job, it would be hard to catalogue them. Someguy does a decent enough job with it, or has delegated it to someone with skill, Navmesh often gets ignored because it is unseen, only when your companions don't follow or NPCs break, don't fight or act weird, and then Al will blame the game, not the modder.

I don't see a point in hating mods. Hate is toxic, and mods that we dislike would vastly outnumber the mods we like. Its easier to just talk about the good and brilliant mods instead of wasting energy to bash shitty mods.

Bashing shitty mods is one thing but helping someone to improve the mod by pointing out faults they might not be aware of is another. It is the way the complaints are made that is wrong. If someone can't take constructive criticism about their work then they have personal issues. That is what the comments are for. The comments aren't there to suck the modders cock or puff up their ego. The problem I feel is some modders like the egotrip as opposed to the creative aspect of the experience. This is not a surprise since it is mostly thankless work with no real monetary reward 90% of the time. There has to be something driving that work ethic.

I'll do a list of favourite mods this afternoon then. Any mod from any game :postviper:

Bashing shitty mods is one thing but helping someone to improve the mod by pointing out faults they might not be aware of is another. It is the way the complaints are made that is wrong. If someone can't take constructive criticism about their work then they have personal issues. That is what the comments are for. The comments aren't there to suck the modders cock or puff up their ego. The problem I feel is some modders like the egotrip as opposed to the creative aspect of the experience. This is not a surprise since it is mostly thankless work with no real monetary reward 90% of the time. There has to be something driving that work ethic.

This. To take the Nexus-example again, it would be much better if comments itself would change into a simple form where users can type in what exactly they like and dislike. Currently most comments simply arent useful.. but i am not necessarily blaming the commenters... especially if you arent a modder yourself you might not know what kind of feedback the mod creator is carving for. "great mod! Xoxo" is a nice, but otherwise kinda useless comment if you are looking for direct feedback on e.g. your writing quality or story creativity or whatever.

Scope is relevant though. A small mod with <100000 downloads that gets on average 1-5 'suggestions' a week isn't really a big deal. They will usually be regurgitated thoughts that are not in the scope of the mod and the author can't really do much with them other then to let them pile up ignored.
With popularity, >1000000 downloads and 1-5 'suggestions' a day, people will come out of the woodwork, get ornery and it really is a lot to deal with, so, on a small scale, yes, I agree. Large scale it becomes a full time job without pay. Not all big modders do it for ego, some like myself regret the attention.

Back