most newbie-thing done on fallout

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by Kahgan, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Morpoggel

Morpoggel Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Feb 21, 2005
    Oh yeah, and something like the first time I played Fallout and I went to Vault 15, Ian killed me. You see, I tried to grab the ammo that was lying in the chill-out room (whatever it's called) on the third level. But Ian stayed close to me and blocked the way. I told him to go to a longer distance but he didn't move. So I tried attacking him with my 10mm pistol and no armour... I still hate him for killing me back then... :(

Now every time I get caught stealing stuff from people and they start combat, I just attack Ian and then quick load the game again :P.

2. clercqer

clercqer Senator oTO Orderite

Feb 14, 2005
    :rofl:
    But really, that's just a real mean thing to do, poor Ian :lol:

3. Shadowbird

Shadowbird Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Jul 20, 2003
    I think Ian has long ago since established his reputation as a character that deserves anything and everything you could possibly think of doing to/with him. Unless it's something good or polite. :wink:

4. Morpoggel

Feb 21, 2005
    For me, Ian is just a mule and a way to get rid of frustrated feelings... hey Ian! Catch my .223 round will ya!

5. Tannhauser

Tannhauser Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Orderite

Mar 18, 2004
    "Ian, hold this plastic explosive for a minute?"

6. Morpoggel

Feb 21, 2005
    "I'm sorry Ian, but I used all the 50 Rad-X's we had on myself... now if you don't mind, I'm gonna read some books and maybe play chess with this computer a couple of times... Btw, why do they call this the Glow?"

New idea for a topic: Most original way to get back to Ian for literally shooting you in the back so many times...

7. dirtbag

dirtbag It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 11, 2004
    I did not notice when I leveled up either, it's great when you click it for the first time and can see that you have a lots of points to spend!

But for me it took a long time before I learned how to enter cities, I thought it was very difficult.

8. Member of Khans

Member of Khans Vault Dweller

Aug 26, 2004
    Done a thing quite similar.
    I left the worldmap and stood right in the middle of the desert, with no idea how to come back to the worldmap again.
    The same thing as I finished all Junktown missions and couldn't manage to leave the town. I just never recognized the gray (or brown) area 'cause my screen was adjusted a few points to dark.:roll: After that i read the manual and understood.

9. bob_the_rambler

bob_the_rambler Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

May 3, 2003
    the most newbie thing i think i have done is running out of time bacuse i went off in search of glowing water......that dude in shadysands said it was out there...... :wink:

10. hakkapeliitta

hakkapeliitta First time out of the vault

Oct 30, 2004
    I join the slavers.
    I slept with mrs. Bishop and forget to save before doing it.
    I killed a child and got bounty hunters after me.

11. uziel

uziel Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Feb 5, 2005
    I got stuck in the Bishops with a leather jacket after I barely got out of the Salvatores alive. With a 10mm. Needless to say, I got my ass kicked.

I made the HUGE mistake of giving Marcus grenades.

12. DarkShade1989

DarkShade1989 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 21, 2003
    The most newbie thing I did in Fallout:

I worried too much.

"Hmm... This Necropolis place and it's ghouls sound difficult..."
    "Oh my god! A deathclaw! I'm gonna die!"
    "The Master is going to be so tough..."

Psyched myself right out for a while.

13. uziel

Feb 5, 2005
    I tried to pick teh Cathedral lock too much. Couldn't open the damn thing.

14. Kizmiaz

Kizmiaz First time out of the vault

Jan 20, 2004
    Well, noobiest thing, I guess, is that I didn't realize I could "repair" the force fields. Lots of stimpacks.

Judging from many of the replies in this thread, I just got to say: RTFM!!!

15. Gerard Heime

Gerard Heime First time out of the vault

Apr 17, 2005
    Well, the n00best thing I did was when I played Fo1 for the first time. Of course I was to eager to start the game I didn't bother to make a char and took that cool russian chick (she has nice stats, you have to admit). On my way to Shady Sands I got attacked by a radscorpion. After emptying my 10mm and getting hurt pretty badly I attacked it with a... flare. Though that fire will scare him away.
    Well, I could say that the game isn't very realistic, but...
    the flare wasn't even lit.

(this reminds me - anyone of you used the flare to illuminate a dark place to reduce the modifier while shooting?)

At least I then had the occasion to make my own char.

The second n00best thing was going to Junktown with a rifle in my hands. The guards told me to holster my weapons, so I though "WTF, they are ordering ME to do somethin'?" and decided to scare them a bit. So I changed hands (I had a frag in the other) and - suprise! - the guards attacked me. I though they were mean sobs so I killed them all and took their stuff. But, as a result, I didn't explore the town further than the gate and thus I didn't know that Junktown is such a interresting location untill I played the game for the second time.

And when people told me that the Water Merchants controled the water reserves of the Hub and were very mean jerks, I decided to kill them. And after doing so I was highly suprised that the city guards are attacking me.

Well, what can I say - I played very emotionaly for the first time.

Howgh.
    Gerard

16. Hotel California

Hotel California Mildly Dipped

Feb 6, 2005
    After getting busted for stealing in junktown, i got put in jail for the night :twisted: . Not knowing about the rest feature i lockpicked my way out and got blasted by the guards.

I also took the "can you repeat that, this time into my coat pocket?", I then wasted gizmo and his goon with a hunting rifle, and then got kicked out of junkown !!!!!
    :evil:
    Damn those junktown fiends !!!

17. Morpoggel

Feb 21, 2005
    I went to the Glow but left my buddies behind at the BOS bunker. Didn't wanna have to spend my Rad-Away's en Rad-X's on them. I ended up having to leave more then half of the stuff behind... Ah well, I found out Dogmeat still rocks. He killed like 10% of the Security Bots. Good Doggie... :)

18. Nocturne

Nocturne Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 24, 2003

I was connvinced that is was a bug when the BOS guy's diden't enter the base, it was a bug, so I re-installed the game...

19. ChizV8

ChizV8 First time out of the vault

Apr 20, 2005
    never saw the beam to get into the west tec facility, so in my desparation for power armor i spent an entire day dedicated to wasting cabbot&darrel the two brotherhood gaurds at the entrance with a shotgun&metal armor&i knew nothing of combat tactics.so pretty much saving after every action point spent.a million reloads later i was finally triumphant...&there was no f**kin armor on thier corpses,i almost cried.

20. uziel

Feb 5, 2005
    You can't get people's armor when you kill them. I tried. It's only happened to me twice (Once in F2 and in the Boneyard. I had SO many Metal armors in there.)