most overrated movies?

... That character is bigger than mel gibson. Besides Tom hardy did well.

Tom Hardy did a terrible fucking job considering Mad Max's character is "Mel Gibson in post apocolyptic Straya".

I didn't like him, he didn't have enough lines, and his character was all wrong.

One its most likely a reboot

Two his car was destroyed in road warrior and he found it in the third and its not out of the realm of possibility to think he got it back after the credits rolled

1, I fucking hate reboots, they retcon good classic movies, which is functionally akin to saying 'these good movies don't exist, pay us to see the REAL ones'.

2, his car was blown to fucking smithereens, no way you could salvage any of it.

We know for a fact that in 3's time (and thus any further than that too), fuel is all but gone, people are using METHANE of all things to fuel cars.

Its a reboot. Even if it isn't, the continuity isn't set in stone. It could be set before road warrior for all we know.

Its a reboot. Even if it isn't, the continuity isn't set in stone. It could be set before road warrior for all we know.

That's a bullshit copout I hear all too often.

1-2-3 where chronological, made sense, and depict that Max is a single person who originated from before the apocolypse.

Ergo, 4 must take place before 2, as 2 is where his car explodes.

But that makes no sense, as that's barely past the apocolypse, and he never talks about anything from 4 (duh).

Not to mention he has no leg brace in 4, and no limp.

He has the brace but no limp.

He has no eye injury, which means it HAS to be before 2, but BEFORE 2, HE HAS A LIMP from the gun shot.
And he never mentions 1 or 2 in 3. So... All these movies are fairly standalone.

Mad max 4 is a good movie. You can say it has problems as a mad max movie (it does) but its fucking awesome. Much like fallout 2 there's enough good in there so the bad is more than made up for

Actually, his family is mentioned in 2, which pisses him off.

He has no eye injury, which means it HAS to be before 2, but BEFORE 2, HE HAS A LIMP from the gun shot.
That is just... The smallest continuity problem I've ever heard anyone take issue with. The brace is there at least.
Actually, his family is mentioned in 2, which pisses him off.
By a random guy with context the audience doesn't need to fully understand to understand why it pisses him off.

That is just... The smallest continuity problem I've ever heard anyone take issue with. The brace is there at least.

Max is one of the few characters ever in fiction to actually have consequences of previous wounds.

4 ruined what made Max more than a usual character, and turned him into a generic action flick guy.
By a random guy with context the audience doesn't need to fully understand to understand why it pisses him off.

Regardless it referenced previous films, and showed his reaction.

4 had the flashbacks, but thats even MORE out of context, not to mention not showing anything directly from the previous films, and instead making new stupid shit.

Max is one of the few characters ever in fiction to actually have consequences of previous wounds.

4 ruined what made Max more than a usual character, and turned him into a generic action flick guy.
Ehhhh taking it a little far.
4 had the flashbacks, but thats even MORE out of context, not to mention not showing anything directly from the previous films, and instead making new stupid shit.
Ding ding a real problem. I hate when movies pointlessly deny the audience backstory.
Regardless it referenced previous films, and showed his reaction.
It's still such a small reference that road warrior can still be viewed by itself and understood without seeing the first

Tom Hardy did a terrible fucking job considering Mad Max's character is "Mel Gibson in post apocolyptic Straya".

I didn't like him, he didn't have enough lines, and his character was all wrong.

1, I fucking hate reboots, they retcon good classic movies, which is functionally akin to saying 'these good movies don't exist, pay us to see the REAL ones'.

2, his car was blown to fucking smithereens, no way you could salvage any of it.

We know for a fact that in 3's time (and thus any further than that too), fuel is all but gone, people are using METHANE of all things to fuel cars.

They turned Mad Max into Furiosa's silent robot sidekick... He had no personality whatsoever. And they ignored Mad Max lore from the previous movies... 2 big mistakes in this movie, IMO.

Ehhhh taking it a little far.

I beg to differ.

What other film series has the main character literally age and get wear and tear as the films progress?

Mad Max is still one of the few films where you really feel there is some progression.

Each movie barely references the previous, but watched in a marathon, it all makes sense.

Until 4.

I beg to differ.

What other film series has the main character literally age and get wear and tear as the films progress?

Mad Max is still one of the few films where you really feel there is some progression.

Each movie barely references the previous, but watched in a marathon, it all makes sense.

Until 4.

Yeah, you see him go from a extroverted and naive cop who enjoys life to a man who has lost everything in 3 movies. Amazing. One of the reasons why I love the Alien series.

Yeah, you see him go from a extroverted and naive cop who enjoys life to a man who has lost everything in 3 movies. Amazing. One of the reasons why I love the Alien series.

No kidding, at the end of 3, he's dead.

No way he was going to survive that.

It worked but movies should strive to be more than just movies that work...
But mad max 4 does more than work. The action scenes and visuals are a real achievement.
No kidding, at the end of 3, he's dead.

No way he was going to survive that.
Actually the end of 3 always bothered me because she's like "we got more in common than I thought raggedy man"
And she walks off. Basically saying aw fuck it you're free to go

Actually the end of 3 always bothered me because she's like "we got more in common than I thought raggedy man"
And she walks off. Basically saying aw fuck it you're free to go

There's no reason to kill him, he's dead anyway, he's fucked up, in the middle of nowhere, and they can always rebuild.

There's no reason to kill him, he's dead anyway, he's fucked up, in the middle of nowhere, and they can always rebuild.
There's more reason to kill him than there is not to.

Also no they can't rebuild. Not without master. He was the only one with the know-how to generate power. That was what the whole chase was about. Also now their entire power infrastructure is exploded. And her people may have lost faith in her.

Back