MTV Multiplayer, Pete Hines and DLC

Dopemine Cleric said:
I have a PS3, and won't be able to run F3 very well on my PC's. The thought of spending $1,200 + right now is something I can't afford. I bought my PS3 used in surplus a year ago for $125, and that was for my MGS4 fetish and the fact that Online content was FREE.

So... this is a big FUCK YOU to my face from Bethesda.

Yeah, this is my situation. I have a PS3 and no real other way of getting Fallout 3. Oh, well though. It's not like I don't have enough on my plate (and enough coming out soon) already.

Pete Hines said:
“No, because of how many folks are still buying ‘Oblivion’ stuff today,” said Hines. “The number of people who bought ‘Oblivion’ content yesterday is just ludicrous. It’s [the] end of September 2008 — that game came out two and a half years ago and people are still buying it by the thousands, ten of thousands. It’s not just one day; it’s every single day for the last two and a half years.”

Man, how I hate this guy, his business model, and all he stands for.

it saddens me that he's only hoping for one of the best (or THE best) gaming experience this year. wouldn't the goal of any (serious) game developer to create the best gaming experience ever?

I'm getting it for my PS3, as my PC wouldn't run it properly.

As for Bioshock, I'm planning on buying that, as I don't have (or want) and Xbox, and my PC wouldn't run that either. So, I've never got to play Bioshock yet.

As for not getting the DLC, I'm a little bummed. I thought most of the DLC for Oblivion blew, but Nights of the Nine was decent enough for what it was.

It just sucks that M$ throws money at developers to snag exclusive DLC (ie: GTAIV).

Back