Fallout 2 mod My sFall Mods and Tools

Nirran said:
the way the perks are written is pretty over-powered,check the stats in CustomPerks.ini,all the numeric values are settable for every perk that has number components
I know, I've read the ini files. :) But the mod isn't called 'Custom Perks' for nothing.

:D

edit : all of my mods are completely compatable now,check Damage.ini and On_Death.ini(if the mod has them),to turn features off and on

edit : hell of alot easier then i figured,megamod fid list had most of the fid numbers(file i made quite a while ago,shear luck),i included mega fid frp fid and vanilla fid files,used this way
Code:
((obj_art_fid(critter) % 512) == xx)
returns the art in the critters.lst file(xx is the number in the list),and descripts in the 3 different files for ease,credit to B-2Admirer,after decompile his script,i learned the above code for returning art fid

edit : fixed an error in hs_combatdamage,affects party perks,custom perks,scalled difficulty and weapon drop mods

edit : added some options for the on hit drop weapons

Nirran

Continuum said:
It was one of the most annoying visual stuff about Tactics - each fucking weapon looked identical as inventory image when lying on the ground, but not when placed in hands :wall: What was a point of doing this? To piss off players even more with lack of layered sprites, I guess.

Lexx said:
That's exactly the reason why I don't like this as well. The weapon in hand should looks like that on ground.

Resistance is useless…

It’s simply a test; if it doesn’t look good I won’t pursue the idea, but I need to see it in game before I can make a proper judgment. But we all know why the rifle critter animation has only one look, and it’s simply the case that the developers couldn’t afford to render a different critter appearance for each weapon. The fact that all of the rifles look the same as ground items is a flaw IMO – see below – In Fallout 2 the Hunting Rifle and Gauss ground items are identical… :roll:

040weapondifference.gif

open for requests never not had fun doing modding,its my fav thing to do

edit : can hardly wait Pixole

Nirran

Nirran how do I get the dropped weapon mod to work…I want to check the randomness of the weapon fall.

just install the scripts and set the ini settings(weapon drop on death is turned off,cause a bat file loads the current ini from my installation[along with the scripts and source],feature is not my fav),i normaly use sfall to start on a map with a cheat script i wrote to make dude ubber for testing,for that script new reno would be perfect,they all have weapons

problems with it?

Nirran

.Pixote. said:
if it doesn’t look good I won’t pursue the idea, but I need to see it in game before I can make a proper judgment.
Have you ever played Tactics?

.Pixote. said:
The fact that all of the rifles look the same as ground items is a flaw IMO – see below – In Fallout 2 the Hunting Rifle and Gauss ground items are identical… :roll:
Place of the weapon is in character hands - this is the most logical and practical place of the fire arm, otherwise you can't kill your opponents, and you see it there for 95% of time. And there each weapon should be unique.

Game will be even more annoying and visually inconsistent than already is. Wanna change weapon look? Then go and edit ALL critters, but this will never happen, so...

Also, flaw? Solution from Fallout engine is an obvious and the only design decision you can make when you're lacking layered sprites. Seems like Fallout designers understood this well, but you and Tactics designers not.

Tactics visual representation of items of the ground was like a good joke: OLOLOLOL! Look what could have been if we weren't lazy and incompetent to implement fucking layered sprites! OLOLOLOL!. It's like baiting the player --> :wiggle: I have uninstalled Tactics immediately, just after I noticed this shit. This was a HUGE disappointment - what could have been... If you're not able to implement something then don't show this to the player! Duh. In this case unique look of each weapon.

But if you still think that this is a flaw then Fallout/Tactics engines are flawed as fuck, and they shouldn't be released in this stage, since they're using generic representation of weapons in character's sprites. And no, I don't accept developers couldn’t afford to render a different critter appearance for each weapon laziness excuse. Mind you - not technological, since much older games were using it successfully.

And finally, do whatever you want, I don't care about it (just like I don't care about others mods), I'm just expressing my point of view/opinion/thoughts/whatever (and I don't even think that someone will listen to it). This is forum and I feel even obligated to do so. I'm not going to play this mod, just like many others. It's not my time wasted, but yours, so you can make whatever stuff you want, of course. This should be obvious, but just in case if someone had any doubts... ;)

I understand your point, and this isn’t a high priority for me…actually I’m more interested in the dropped weapon function from Nirran…but it doesn’t hurt to test the waters, and see what people think of projects like this, like I stated not everyone will like this idea.

Have the weap drop working Pixole?

edit : i mistakenly believed that the combat damage hook script only runs when the target takes damage,but after testing,it runs whenever the target is hit,even if the damage is 0,because of that an option for the drop weapons on hit i had written it was only effective when the damage calculations in the script were allowed to run,in the ini file,no code change but the ini is updated and uploaded,affects weapon drop,park perks,custom perks and scalled difficulty mods

Nirran

I don't want to digress too much but I kinda agree with Continuum. Why do want weapons that look pretty only when on ground. I much prefer new inventory images and descriptions for the real life weapons that plague fo2 already.

A question about the drop-weapon-on-crit mod. The mod is solely based on the hook script onhit? if then, the weapon appears inmediately on the ground before the 'hitting' animation plays? That's pretty much the only thing that prevents me to enjoy such feature.

pelicano said:
A question about the drop-weapon-on-crit mod. The mod is solely based on the hook script onhit? if then, the weapon appears inmediately on the ground before the 'hitting' animation plays? That's pretty much the only thing that prevents me to enjoy such feature.

it is in the hs_combatdamage hook and the hs_ondeath hook,it happens as the hit anim plays i believe,but i didnt actualy look for that,i will do a little testing on that right now

edit : yea sorry but it happens right before dude hits the target,hadnt knoticed that before,coincidentaly found a conflict of variables,re-uploading,conflict is because i added the frp party members to party perks mod,will only matter if party perks is installed

Nirran

Nirran, can you make Swift Learner perk customisable, like the others? Personally, I'd prefer it at 15% per rank, with a total of 3 ranks.

And maybe make Quick Pockets act as in Fallout1 - the cost of opening the inventory is decreased by 1 AP for each rank of the perk, with a total of 3 ranks.

can do the xp perk,but prolly not the quick pockets

will work on it later

edit :
Nevill said:
Nirran, can you make Swift Learner perk customisable, like the others? Personally, I'd prefer it at 15% per rank, with a total of 3 ranks.

edit : 2 ranks of quick pockets makes opening inventory free,i will add a rank setting,for those that want it

done and uploaded

edit : perks "Melt Your Face" and "Explosive Ending" now have code for vanilla,megamod and fallout restoration project,settable in the ini,uploaded

edit : changed the lootable armor code to drop the better armors based on luck,rather then higher skill drops better armor,added Armorer Perk to lootable armor(armorer grants no skill check for lootable armor,configurable and can turn it off),uploaded

edit : fixed a bug in party perks that prevented perks strong back for the frp added npc's from showing,uploaded

edit : fixed an over site in melted to death perk,uploaded

edit : moved all dialog text from my perk mods to an include,uploaded

edit : fixed a logic error in melt your face and explosive ending perks when set as FRP causing the death aninimation to never trigger,uploaded

edit : problem with my site,will be back up monday(have to wait for a tech to be at work)

edit : added frp added npc party members to "Teach Friends" perk,will upload when my site is up again

Nirran

2 ranks of quick pockets makes opening inventory free,i will add a rank setting,for those that want it
Can you change is so that each perk rank decrease the number of APs by 1 instead of 2? I always thought that vanilla version was overpowered.

Found a bug with Damage Resistance Perks. Select the main perk, click Done, then enter the character sheet again and choose to cancel your previous decision. I can't access the perks from vanilla anymore, the only perks I can choose after that are from your mod.

Also perk requirements obviously don't work for me, since I can pick Lightning Reflexes right from the start (at level 6, with 6 AG).

Nevill said:
Can you change is so that each perk rank decrease the number of APs by 1 instead of 2? I always thought that vanilla version was overpowered.
that one will need Timeslip i belive,tho maybe a hook script can do it
Nevill said:
Also perk requirements obviously don't work for me, since I can pick Lightning Reflexes right from the start (at level 6, with 6 AG).
yes lightning replexes was in testing mode,i changed to normal now
Nevill said:
Found a bug with Damage Resistance Perks. Select the main perk, click Done, then enter the character sheet again and choose to cancel your previous decision. I can't access the perks from vanilla anymore, the only perks I can choose after that are from your mod.
it doesnt have cancel resist damage as a perk?you have to select it,i found a similar bug with bonus damage and fixed it a couple days ago

edit : over-site on my part,i will fix and upload when my site is running again

Nirran

Hey .pixote,

I like the ground .frms actually. I completely understand where the other side is coming from, except I don't agree. It is, after all, a matter of taste.

I saw another post of yours somewhere where you had all the custom ground items in one shot- does that mean you've finished this? Got a download link anywhere for the art? I'll gladly edit item protos and add the art.

if you want the fix now,email me with an account that can handle attachments i will email the mod to you

Nirran

Hey Nirran, I can't get your EXP scripts to work. Installation is just putting the desired one in F2/data/scripts, right?

yea,only one tho,dont use all of them
edit : also make sure the actual exp is higher then default message(added exp wont be shown as a message)

Nirran

Back