New Fallout 1 Hi-Res Main Menu Screens.

.Pixote.

Antediluvian as Feck
Modder
These two hi-res main menu screens have been built to replace the original Fallout 1 menu. Though not an exact copy, they are fairly faithful. One uses the original color scheme; the other is the red appearance of the Fallout 1 box art. They are designed to be used with Mash’s hi-res Fallout 1 patch. Rename to MAINMENU and drop into the f1_res > interface folder. They were built for the resolution of 1280x1024.

If someone has a high quality image of the Power Armor at the correct angle can they contact me.

New Fallout 1 Main Menu

Original Main menu.
E5KhQbb.jpg

New.
PnlKMU4.gif
Su2eypo.gif

Last edited:
Nice work, Pixote. I like the original-looking one, but it's missing the scrapped paper frame. As far as I see it, the original main menu screen is supposed to represent an old photograph.

Fantastic job, .Pixote.!

I wonder how you pulled it off - did you actually redo the model yourself and saved it in a higher resolution, or what?

Anyway, splendid work! As usual :wink:

Ardent said:
Fantastic job, .Pixote.!

I wonder how you pulled it off - did you actually redo the model yourself and saved it in a higher resolution, or what?

Anyway, splendid work! As usual :wink:

I guess he used some wallpaper, photoshot and swift_hands.dll

Yeah. I'd like to see original render at 1280x1024 (of course, it can be larger, like 1600x1200 ;), for example) to throw it on my desktop. The biggest Power Armour close-up I've found is at 1024x768 (with that flag thingy behind). Damn past-gen low resolution crap.

I was considering building the torn paper feel of the original, but I’m slightly lazy. But I will if someone can find me the correct power armor angle. I know it exists because my nephew had it on his computer before it died. If people desire larger resolutions they can take the GIF’s and enlarge them in Photoshop to their desired resolution, change the color palette to Fallout, and convert them to FRM’s…if none of that makes sense…well your stuck. I don’t like the idea of mega high resolutions – 800x600 is the best (my opinion).

EDIT: I have a hi-res version of the Fallout 2 main menu…does anyone want it.

Very nice stuff, .Pixote., the red one is really good!!

.Pixote. said:
I have a hi-res version of the Fallout 2 main menu…does anyone want it.

You mean hi-res main menu like the above for FO1?

Same above…except for Fallout 2. They are designed to be used with Mash’s hi-res Fallout 2 patch. Rename to MAINMENU and drop into the f2_res > interface folder. They were built for the resolution of 1280x1024. Enjoy. The files (FRM) are here: http://www.mediafire.com/?dzl3i4of2tm

yjAsSjL.gif
8bsMvdg.gif

Last edited:
Very nice, again. :)

.Pixote., would you consider making one with the APA but instead of the default blue-ish background something else (maybe desert or city ruins like the F1 one or something else)?

Pixote, do you think it's possible to recreate the original Fallout main menu in as good quality as possible in like 1024x768px?

Today I checked out the high-res patch for Fallout 1 the first time and I saw, that there is an adjusted main menu already. But you can clearly see the copy&paste in the image + the stretched 640x480px image.

Would like to test it by myself too, but meh... somehow I am not really capable of that in the moment. The outcome is just shit.

I need a larger image of the Power Armor at the correct angle. I know it exists because my nephew had such an image, but his computer died and I never grabbed it. After that I can try to make a proper “Post Card” version, as is used in the official main menu.

.Pixote. said:
I need a larger image of the Power Armor at the correct angle. I know it exists because my nephew had such an image, but his computer died and I never grabbed it. After that I can try to make a proper “Post Card” version, as is used in the official main menu.
Maybe these will help a little bit. http://ulozto.net/4496570/fallout-wallpaper.zip
These are from GOG version.

I just have the one big power armor image with the american flag in the background. Sadly, it's not the correct angle.

Back