Fallout 2 mod New voice for Cassidy

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by slick liquid, Sep 14, 2019.

What do you think of joey's first attempt at a Cassidy voice?

1. Perfect

12 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Decent

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. It fucking stinks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Needs work, but getting there

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    If the sound files don't match up exactly, one delivery might be longer or shorter, then the lip files will have to be done again to match the new sound files. Fun times.

2. slick liquid

slick liquid First time out of the vault

Sep 14, 2019
    Burn. You are a legend. Thanks so much. Huge help. I seem to have all the tools I need to get .wavs working in the format FO likes, just need to do a bit more reading. I've recorded all of ol' Cass's lines, now, so that' next as soon as I got time.

FYI, I was just planning to release this as a standalone add-on in case folks preferred my take over Adam Dravean's. Not looking to rpelace. If you ever did want to add the option to choose, tho, I'd be thrilled to help you implement that. :)

Lip syncs definitely will not match up. I'm going to need to run the tool that generates new ones (which I haven't tried that, but I've been told it's a, er ... pain!)

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  3. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Oct 28, 2009
    @slick liquid
    as I said earlier.. bug @Cubik2k about the nessecary tools for the job. Tell him it's from the old archives from His long-gone modding site. He has a backup of all the tools there. I remember while plowing through that site way back. I've found sweet tools to make complete voice overs for Fallout 1/2 engine the one You seek is called lip2sync.exe as far as I remember. With a little luck it will have an english version too. what lip2sync.exe does it syncs .lip files generated previously, with Fallout vioce files in order to be fully compatible with them.

Unfortuneatly at that time i was still an internet rookie/noob and did not foresaw the fall of Cubik2k's modding site. neigther did web.archives.org. There are some bits of the site present there, unfortuneatly download section is off the table.

4. burn

burn Mildly Dipped
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012