Fallout 2 mod New voice for Cassidy

What do you think of joey's first attempt at a Cassidy voice?

• Perfect

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • Decent

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • It fucking stinks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Needs work, but getting there

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So I guess if anyone's interested, I've completed all of the supporting python scripts / found the couple other tools I need to make voice integration relatively "quick", depending on how much massaging the NPC's script needs and how thick the accent is of the voice actor / noise in the recording (lip sync tool gets thrown off).

There's a total of 7 python scripts I am using right now as part of the process which I will eventually need to condense down into some sort of interface that is actually user friendly, but the process of lip-syncing the .wav files, modifying the ssl script, converting the wav's to ACM's and everything else needed to get Klint voiced in the game using the talking heads mod only took me about 10 minutes.

I'll put a little rough draft demo together soon to show what the process currently looks like (without a user interface).

I hope @slick liquid will see this!

!!!!

Seen! Sorry it took me literally a year!

Came to this thread as I wanted to update the voice lines I previously recorded for Cassidy, which I'm gonna do today.

Which other talking heads need a voice? Vic, is it?

edit: here's my progress, feedback welcome! I think it's a better fit

Last edited:
Part 2! All the rest of his lines

Gonna cut them up so they're ready to be put in game

update:

OK! Re-voiced all the (previously recorded) lines.

I had fun and I think it turned out well, and way better than last time. I replayed recently and was cringing a bit at my last attempt (it just didn't fit with the talking head) so I think this is a lot closer.

Here are .wavs of the new recordings, cut and renamed and ready to be processed for lipsync:

@Black_Electric: can we use your newfangled black magic lipsync thing?

@burn: when this is all done can we submit these new versions for the FO2RP? I know there's that separate Cassidy Head mod, could we update that? I think for best fit it should be low quality by default (so it's more seamless alongside original FO2 talking heads)

@Proletären ... I hope you see this :P

2nd edit:
here is a .zip of the encrustified versions of the lines to match FO2 base game talking heads (22050hz 16bit stereo):

Last edited:
Part 2! All the rest of his lines

Gonna cut them up so they're ready to be put in game

update:

OK! Re-voiced all the (previously recorded) lines.

I had fun and I think it turned out well, and way better than last time. I replayed recently and was cringing a bit at my last attempt (it just didn't fit with the talking head) so I think this is a lot closer.

Here are .wavs of the new recordings, cut and renamed and ready to be processed for lipsync:

@Black_Electric: can we use your newfangled black magic lipsync thing?

@burn: when this is all done can we submit these new versions for the FO2RP? I know there's that separate Cassidy Head mod, could we update that? I think for best fit it should be low quality by default (so it's more seamless alongside original FO2 talking heads)

@Proletären ... I hope you see this :P

2nd edit:
here is a .zip of the encrustified versions of the lines to match FO2 base game talking heads (22050hz 16bit stereo):

That's a very butch Cassidy

The talking heads + voice acting have been a tremendous addition to Fallout 2. It's great for a veteran who played F2 in 1998 to re-play the game with all these mods.

If RPU, the economy mod, talking heads and sfall configurator could be merged into 1 mod it would be sensational. The sfall configurator is great tool.

Back