Fallout 2 mod Nirran's script mods causing game crash?

sconesandevil

First time out of the vault
I just started into modding Fallout 2 and I wanted to use the Initial Inventory Mod and some of Nirran's script mods [http://nirran.com/Fallout2Scripts.php] (specifically Custom Perks, Experience Multiplied, and Rapid Perks). When I try to start the game with Custom Perks, the game crashes a few seconds after spawning in outside of the Temple of Trials.
The error message for Custom Perks says
Code:
The instruction at 004589fc referenced memory at 0000273c
The memory could not be read from
Click on OK to terminate the application
This happens whether I use the Restoration and/or Unofficial Patch or not.

Can't say I know for sure why the game crashes. I can say that what u describe happened to me as well a few weeks ago. Like u describe, it happened a few seconds after entering a certain map (a new, modded map, in my case). It happened to me because I used "the wrong" scripts on the map, so for example, the map script was a script meant for a tough thug, and so on.
I'm pretty sure u changed a script, or the map itself, so that that certain script looks for something that doesn't exist on the map, or doesn't exist at all, like a global variable for instance.

EDIT: What I would do, and it's probably not best practice, but still.. if u don't know what else to do - try replacing the modded scripts, one by one, with the original scripts. after each replacement, check if it crashes. It might help finding out which script is the culprit.

Last edited:
Code:
An invalid object pointer was passed to the obj_pid() script function.

I'm having the same issue when I install custom perks, I would love to use this with restoration project, now that the problem is identified, any fix for this? I only know this happens with custom perks because, I had a list of mods installed and custom perks was the culprit to this. Whenever, I engage in combat at the temple of trials it gives me that error.

I just started into modding Fallout 2 and I wanted to use the Initial Inventory Mod and some of Nirran's script mods [http://nirran.com/Fallout2Scripts.php] (specifically Custom Perks, Experience Multiplied, and Rapid Perks). When I try to start the game with Custom Perks, the game crashes a few seconds after spawning in outside of the Temple of Trials.
The error message for Custom Perks says
Code:
The memory could not be read from
Click on OK to terminate the application
This happens whether I use the Restoration and/or Unofficial Patch or not.

Hey, I actually got an alternative solution that will help. This is what I have done. Since megmod had too many bugs, and since restoration project didn't allow me to install the custom perks mod, this is the solution for you. It worked perfectly for me. First, uninstall restoration project, and uninstall fallout 2. Then, reinstall a clean version of fallout 2 without the restoration project and instead download and install the latest version of the sfall modders pack. After you do that, you can reinstall all your mods that you currently have and it'll work perfectly like it did for me. Hope this helps, it worked for me and now, i'm content for now!

Well nevermind that's only an alternative solution, the current game still has bugs, I'd rather have restoration project, so currently, I'm still waiting for a fix for this too. Along with waiting for the next verison of megamod to come out.

Back