Nuke your city

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by Courier, May 22, 2011.

1. Courier

Courier Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Orderite

Apr 10, 2011
    I found this cool site that let's you find your city then nuke it to see what would happen.

http://www.carloslabs.com/node/20

You just enter your address, select the bomb type, then you can see how bad it would be.

Edit: I meant to post this in the "General discussion forum" so mods can go ahead and move it. :?

2. DarkCorp

DarkCorp Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Oct 27, 2003
    Pretty fucking awesome man good post.

3. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    Hmm if they hit Leeuwarden's center I still come out pretty good.
    I guess the flash and the pressure wave is my biggest worry.

4. Korin

Korin So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Admin

Aug 6, 2010
    I look like I'd make out pretty decent. Just out on the edge. Probably even better because I'm up on top of a hill.

5. MadFinn

MadFinn First time out of the vault

Dec 17, 2010
    In my town there's two good targets. A military base and airfield long enough to military planes.. AND distance to border(Russia) is like 150 miles. Last thing russians want is nuclear armed NATO fighters in a base so close their borders. :twisted:

I'm in between two nuclear explosions, guess i don't have to worry what happens next day.
    Eh, actually whole city would be destroyed with blastwaves/heat coming from east and south.

Korindabar: But if you are on top of the hill the fireball is closer than it would be on ground level. Just think about it :mrgreen:

6. Mr Krepe

Mr Krepe Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Mar 28, 2010
    Nice, the nearest place military place commies would like to nuke, the radius of the fallout is about 30 miles away from where i'm living. I wouldn't know why the commies would want to bomb Newcastle, but if they did, the play where I live is just, and I mean just outside the radius of the fallout.

7. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Alpharius oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    Haha, thermal wave from the weakest bomb (Suitcase Bomb) when blown in the center of my town literally splits my yard into half. Hell, splits my house.

This is awesome, man.

8. Mr Krepe

Mar 28, 2010
    I can just imagine it:

You walk into your garden and sit on a deck chair and look out at the garden, "Hmmm, odd, i'm sure my shed wasn't black and on fire earlier, wierd....", then you just lie back and relax.

9. DarkCorp

DarkCorp Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Oct 27, 2003
    Unless someone sends over another 50 Megaton warhead like Tsar Bomba, I am safe from strikes against Luke AFB, Fort Huachuca, MC airstation. Dunno about Yuma proving grounds though.

10. The Enclave 86

The Enclave 86 Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jul 5, 2010
    They'd probably be going for Teesport - which means that I am fucked - ICI and places like that. Newcastle is a major population area anyway isn't it? Well it's an actual city which is more than can be said for Middlesbrough.

11. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    If some "Ivy Mike" would hit right into the center of Berlin, I would still be approx 3 miles inside the radius. Damn. :>

12. Courier

Orderite

Apr 10, 2011
    I hit my house with the asteroid, and it wiped out North America. :shock:

13. Yamu

Yamu Le Fromage Vieux oTO Moderator Orderite

Jul 26, 2003
    Well that was selfish of you. :P

Very cool app... hopefully, if there's a Ground Zero III, it'll include a listing of probable targets by location.

14. Do you think anyone would have a good reason to nuke detroit? I'm an hour drive from there.

15. Courier

Orderite

Apr 10, 2011
    I thought Detroit had already been nuked. :?

16. Mr Krepe

Mar 28, 2010
    Well with a 50 megaton hitting ICI i'd just be safe, but if a 50 megatonner hit Middlesbrough i'd be about 2 miles within the zone, let's just hope when/if a nuclear war happens, i'm either outside my house/they only use 10 megaton bombs.

17. The Enclave 86

The Enclave 86 Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jul 5, 2010
    I start getting affected past the 340 Kilotons, so yeah.

18. Atomkilla

Dec 26, 2010
    Nay, that's how a regular day would go.

19. Mr Krepe

Mar 28, 2010
    Have you done anything particularly bad in your community lately? Because that generally doesn't happen unless you've done something, or people around your area just like burning sheds.

20. Atomkilla

Dec 26, 2010
    Okay, I confess. It wasn't burned. It was hammered down.

My asshole neighbor had some problem with it (it looked bad from his yard) so he decided to ram it down. Got nailed on court for that.
    Though that was years ago.