Olympus2207 Presentation Video & Screenshots

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Brother None, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    This is a modding project that has been ongoing for some time now, but at this point is really worth sharing with all of you. Here is a presentation video (a series of renders and screenshots) and some screenshots of a Russian modding project, crafting a brand new (free) game from the Fallout 2 engine. It looks pretty different compared to the Fallout 2, and looks damn great. The title will be set in a post-apocalyptic future, in Silicon Valley USA in the year 2207, with different factions trying to get into the fortified skyscraper "Olympus".

<center><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9gkc6m1tCWE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

</center>
    Rain man has been posting on Olympus2207 for some time now in the modding screenshot thread. He notes the team is looking for Russian-English translators to help them release their demo in English, so if you're willing and able, help them out.

2. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Antediluvian as Feck
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Looks terrific...can't wait for the finished game.

3. Alphadrop

Alphadrop A right proper chap.

Aug 21, 2008
    Ooh that looks interesting.
    Surprised Silicon Valley doesn't come up more often in post apo stuff, considering the amount of tech there.

4. Courier

Courier Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Orderite

Apr 10, 2011
    Are there any English translations planned?

5. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    ...From the newspost:
    Rain man has been posting on Olympus2077 for some time now in the modding screenshot thread. He notes the team is looking for Russian-English translators to help them release their demo in English, so if you're willing and able, help them out.

6. Courier

Courier Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Orderite

Apr 10, 2011
    Gah... I mistook that for a signature and didn't pay it any attention.

7. WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver But best title ever!

May 28, 2010
    Looks pretty damn interesting, and I dig that robot designs. The trailer, in particular, looks like something that may have come out from 1998 or so... and not only because it's a Fallout 2 mod.

8. MrBumble

MrBumble Vault Fossil

Jan 17, 2006
    If you like the soundtrack : thank you kindly, I've been working on it for the last few weeks.

If you don't : :cry:

ALSO : I've seen ingame excerpts and I've got to say that it really does look different from Fallout. The lore and background are pretty good. Hope they release more info soon.

9. Paul_cz

Paul_cz Mildly Dipped

Jun 11, 2008
    Wow. Wow! Looks awesome, hopefully it gets finished in nice shiny english version.

10. mvBarracuda

mvBarracuda Vault Dweller

Apr 11, 2004
    Little typo in the announcement: AFAICT it should be Olympus 2207, not Olympus 2077.

11. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    Best of luck I wish you, as said in the other topic! It shows how "simple" things such as artists helping you in numbers can totally alter the FO2 feeling. I wish more people would "love" the stuff that I do and/or help with 3d/2d enviroemenrts, but I guess my stuff is screaming "hey I'm cool" at the quietest of them all. ;)

12. UnidentifiedFlyingTard

UnidentifiedFlyingTard Vault Fossil

Mar 12, 2009
    This looks really great, I can't to see more of it.

13. Vrede

Vrede It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 11, 2008
    Fantastic.
    Hope it's not a born dead project.

14. TychoXI

TychoXI Still Mildly Glowing

Oct 20, 2008
    Whoa! Looking very good, not just visually, but it would seem conceptually too. kudos for the good work.

15. RoCkEr93

RoCkEr93 First time out of the vault

Aug 27, 2011
    I like how they remade the whole interfaces and everything,and it looks awesome as well,let's hope this will be released and not canceled

16. PainlessDocM

PainlessDocM Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 5, 2010
    Looks (and sounds) amazing, can't wait to try out the demo.

:ok:

17. Eternauta

Eternauta It Wandered In From the Wastes

Dec 8, 2010
    Looks very promising! :)

18. Dude101

Dude101 Vault Fossil
    Modder

Aug 3, 2005
    New video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abRHHM_z1BI[/youtube]

The new critters look great in action.

19. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    Looks really sweet, can't wait to try it out.

20. Rain man

Rain man First time out of the vault

Apr 20, 2010
    I'm very glad that you like our project :)
    Please note, that in video of game mechanics new art is not showen (as new interface grafics, new tile sets, new doors etc).

And what do you think about the new game mascot - "The Orange Man" by Leo Blanchette ? Hope you will like it :)