Fallout Tactics mod Open Fallout Mod

wow, this looks awesome. Love tactics gameplay but it's sad that it's too linear with it's story.

How far is this in the development phase?

//edit
I know you said you worked on it by yourself and can't make a completion estimate, but I'm more asking if the locations and interiors are soon done or if they have lots of time left.

Also, have any people been added to the maps or are you waiting with that until the maps are complete. (I can see on some videos that there are a few guys standing around, but no real population filled maps).

///
(can't wait to actually equip my companions with stuff I really want them to use... also I'll be able to control the bastards!)

On an estimate, the mod is 30-40% ready. Also, I only need to finish two maps - Boneyard and Cathedral.
After that, I'll start fully populating the world (though some maps are already populated).
Current version is significantly different from what was uploaded earler, though all changes
are for Russian version only (that's temporary).

Now I'm gearing up for the release of the official demo-version, that will include:
4 completely populated maps (Vault13, Vault15, ShadySands+Cave, Raiders)
+ new dialogue system, elevators and quest component.
(a new graphical content is being created for the dialogues and the elevators, I've been helped by one other guy)

I really can't estimate when the full version will be released,
but if somebody wants to use my work and completed maps in any other purposes - I don't have anything against it.

Cool, but what will you do about quests?

Will they be practically exactly the same, or will you tweak them a bit?
Will there only be the main quest or will you also add many of the existing side quests and will you maybe add some of your own?

I mean, you do have all the quests and dialogues at hand already, you "just" have to put them in your game, emphasis on just.

Yes, I am planning to make all of the quest component as close to the original as possible (for as much as the game engine will allow me to).
There is a lot of work, and it's possible that some quests will have to be changed ... and I may add some myself.

Even though I have all the original quests and dialogues -- it's still a lot of work
(though I was able to write a script that makes dialogue creation a log easier).

I also very frustrated over missing a good "Vault Dweller" model,
with all the animations and the number "13" on the back :)

//sorry if I am spamming questions :P
hmm, just wondered, do you have some sort of forum or official thread that you use for your development, or are you just using your youtube channel and checking in here sometimes?

@below - thank you.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuDoQAUXpR8[/youtube]
"Open Fallout Mod", official Russian demo version, released 8/6/11
(Music archive should be downloaded separately in addition to the demo).
Place the contents of the archive into FT directory and run openfm.bat

I'm very sorry, but so far I don't have neither bandwidth nor time to translate the mod into English.
You can already use all of the scripting component of the dialog system and finished maps for your
purposes, I am all for it.
It's possible my work will be useful for you, I'll only be glad if they are employed in any purpose.

The primary storyline of the demo version revolves around the 5 maps:
Vault13, Vault15, ShadySands, Raiders, Caves.
The maps are fully "populated", some quests and a lot of dialogs
(including "talking heads") are implemented.

The rest of the cities will open up after the end of the demo version
(you can walk around, look around and even die).
The world map and random encounters are fully implemented.
"Special Encounters" are not yet implemented.

Some important points:
- mod is only optimized for 800x600 screen resolution (temporary)
- some of the performed actions result into different consequences
- dialog answers are selected with mouse (numbers don't match keyboard keys)
- depending on the CPU, response to answer selection, or pressing elevator buttons can
be up to 2-3 sec. Please don't hammer the buttons, it's better to wait a little
(also please don't shoot in the elevators)
- Because of certain details of how the "Talking Heads" dialogs are done, choosing
the answer is only possible after fully listening to the excerpt that is being said
(probably will be fixed in the future)
- I've added some of my own stuff that doesn't quite match original Fallout.

Some terminal issues and other bugs I noticed in the demo version (hopefully temporary)
- Under no circumstances it is recommended to use "awareness" perk
- It's possible that the "double" and "triple" random encounters will work incorrectly
- If the roof doesn't remove from the view when entering structures, click the icon of the main character
- Couldn't finish the artwork on the Hub, Bone-yard and Cathedral are missing
- in the current version, the elevator buttons are not highlighted
(also, the animated background graphics is not ready)
- while trading with one NPC, don't try to talk to another

It's possible to find out bugs, I'm sorry about those in advance.
It's possible that a lot of things will get cleaned up and fixed in the future

P.S. I continue to work on this mod as I have spare time and stamina

Поскольку мой основной язык русский,
в тексте могут быть смысловые ошибки.
Вы уж простите если выразился в чем-то неверно ...
Большая часть текста написана посредством переводчика :(

I cant seem to download it from the russian site. i type number code, then...well i dont know i cant read russian and translater works, but then deviates away from page.

I would love to check 2hmt's Speech system out to see if its similar to the one i have made for my mod. FoT: the wastes

Can someone provide direct link?

Thanx

EDIT: nevermind. *facepalms self*
EDIT:some of the maps wont open in FTtools, like v 13 and 15, shady sands opens fine as does necropilis.

requiem_for_a_starfury said:
How do you mean won't open? FT Tools crashes, does nothing or opens a blank map?

it opens a blank map, shady s and necropilis open fine. also the glow opens but seems its missing tiles.

the mod runs properly also.

Open the map and press ctrl & F4. In the window that opens click on all and then double click on an entry in the list. This should recenter the map, if there's no list then you'll have to contact 2hmt.

As for missing tiles, does the mod come with it's own .bos file? If so open it in winzip or 7zip etc and extract the tiles as you would for the default tiles.

Anyone know if there are any released updates to this mod that wasn't posted here? If so, can anyone upload them to another site for me?

He didn't gave up, he has no plans for his own big mods at this stage. OFM was intended as starting platform for any future mods, so anyone can make their projects with all this cool stuff.
Hmt himself is pretty busy now i believe.

Has this mod been revived or added to lately? I can find some videos on youtube, but that's about it.

Back