Ow. Sands of Time is...

I remember in school when we would read Nathan the Wise and the story which was based on one of the stories in Decamarone. So thats the only part I know about it and thus its for me just hard to imagine a movie based on it. But well as you said. Probably best to see it and judge it then. Yeah its definetly not a good example in relation with newest hollywood movie adaptions.

I_eat_supermutants said:
Making my bowels move. Really?..........

When first heard about this I thought it was a joke....

Jake Gyllanhal? Disney? A FUCKING MOVIE?
I think I'm going to vomit and spew at the same time.

You know that is not the worst part,i hear they are making a game base of the movie.

In Brazil its going to be released just on 5th June... Good for me, more time to walk past cinemas and don't see banners of that movie.

The games supposedly o.k.
It only really shares the name and the prince sorta looks like the actor (but with a really badly modelled mouth).
It's more Prince of Persia than that funkily coloured last one though which is a good thing.

One question:

Jake fucking Gyllengaal?

I mean is it THAT fucking hard to find a PERSIAN actor that speaks PERSIAN for the movie?

Tired of people who cannot read which leads to everything english no matter how fakass that would make the movie.

DarkCorp said:
One question:

Jake fucking Gyllengaal?

I mean is it THAT fucking hard to find a PERSIAN actor that speaks PERSIAN for the movie?

Tired of people who cannot read which leads to everything english no matter how fakass that would make the movie.

The only film I could ever stand him in was Donnie Darko. And I think it was more liking everything else about this film, not really him.

Plus, video game movies STILL blow. Just in case anyone forgot.

Dr. Strangelove, Moby Dick, Blade Runner, Citizen Kane, It's a Wonderful Life, Chinatown, The Godfather, A Clockwork Orange, Psycho, The Wizard of Oz, Forrest Gump, Black Hawk Down, Tombstone, Rashomon, Brazil...

Yamu said:
Dr. Strangelove, Moby Dick, Blade Runner, Citizen Kane, It's a Wonderful Life, Chinatown, The Godfather, A Clockwork Orange, Psycho, The Wizard of Oz, Forrest Gump, Black Hawk Down, Tombstone, Rashomon, Brazil...

Those aren't video game movies. I was talking about video game movies, And seriously, Blade Runner, overrated. Or most possibly i didn't get it's point. But, yeah, not what i will call a great movie. With the others on the other hand, i can't complain.

Blade runner overrated? it flopped in theatres and was critically panned originally. It was only through word of mouth that people finally figured out how decent it actually was.

was Hitman a "good" (descent) flick ? Havnt seen it. but the trailer I think was not bad. Though I simply didnt liked the look of the character.

I wanted the guy from transporter in it D: !!!!

I mean he basicaly IS (!) agent 47

the-transporter-1.jpg

About Hitman. Laugh my ass off when i saw National Theatre "Ivan Vazov". I knew it was filmed here, but, god, try to keep the illusion alive. They probably saw Ivan and though "People will think Russia!" which is true, if you don't know how our family names work.

Didn't think I would do it but I went and saw it today aaand it was actually A LOT better than I expected. Yes, my expectations were probably very low but as far as big fun costume movies go, it was pretty decent. Mind you, I can barely stand Jake Gyllenhaal and I found the main chick kind of weird looking.

There was plenty of cheese, definitely, but there were some cool moments as well. The story was no Citizen Kane but it's far from the worst and the production values were top notch. I definitely recommend it, if you're into just fun popcorn flicks. With a few better actors, it could have been another Pirates.

I hear that it gets a lot of bad rap for straying too far from the game but I don't get it, personally. I think it has just enough references and they are very tastefully done. The movie stands on its own, instead of retelling the games or attempting any obvious fan pleasers. Any more of them would damage it just as every other video game movie has been damaged by forced references to appeal to the gamers.

Don't go expecting anything much better than the Mummy movies but it isn't much worse and IS better in many ways (at least, I thought it was better but I never liked Mummies much). It's actually pretty sad that it's flopping so hard because it doesn't deserve it (not as much as others do anyway) and I wouldn't mind a sequel.

I think the fact that it's based on a game hurt it as most have learned to stay away from video game movies by now. Were it called something else, it would probably do much better.

Back