Paradox Interactive has survey asking questions about RPGs and replayability

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by FearMonkey, Aug 13, 2016.

1. FearMonkey

FearMonkey Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 12, 2011
    They ask questions about Baldur's Gate II, Fallout New Vegas, Mass Effect 2 (which isn't an RPG so I'm not sure why they're asking about it), Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines and Dishonored (also kinda not really an RPG but more of one than Mass Effect 2 at least). Very telling they don't ask about Fallout 3 or 4. ^_^

Survey link is here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/take-our-rpg-survey.962385/

Do me a favor though and make sure to add a comment at the end that you want a new Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines game. Paradox bought White Wolf recently and some of the questions are directly about Bloodlines so I'm pretty sure they're feeling out how popular it would be or something. :P

• [Like] [Like] x 5
  2. 0wing

0wing Все умрут, а я волномут

Mar 23, 2015
    Implying Pillars of Eternity any good and better as a game. :razz::yuck:
    A new V:tM could be cool but a *new* BLOODLINES kind game will be boss.

3. eissa

eissa Altáriel, Lady of Radiant Garland

Jan 7, 2016
    I spot a codexian here... :)

4. 0wing

Mar 23, 2015
    I don't go to codex, surprise...
    To be a codexian I must hate DX/VtM:B gameplay and combat, always prefer any TB over no matter how godly executed RT(/wP). Which is a complete not true.:P

5. FearMonkey

FearMonkey Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 12, 2011
    Codex people don't like VtM:B? o_O

6. Black Angel

Black Angel Grand Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus

Mar 21, 2016
    I participated on it. Too bad they kind of misunderstood what replayability is, so I left a comment there suggesting them to watch MrBtongue video on Choices and Consequences. Also, too bad they didn't brought up the original Fallouts, Arcanum, and Planescape: Torment, though this means they had a pretty solid target audience in mind.

What are you talking about?

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  7. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Snug Rubber

Sep 11, 2010
    Yeah I basically told them in one of the optional fields about replayability to fucking take notes from Fallout 2 and went into detail about what those kinds of things were. I'm still baffled that after what? One and a half decade? Studios still fail to learn from Fallout 2.

8. aenemic

aenemic Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Jun 4, 2008
    I'm curious why they chose those exact games.

9. 0wing

Mar 23, 2015
    From your own link.

10. eissa

eissa Altáriel, Lady of Radiant Garland

Jan 7, 2016
    2004 games played 2016? yeah normal reaction

11. 0wing

Mar 23, 2015
    1.It got better in 2016? Where?
    2.He's exaggerating the sillyness of the situation. Sometimes even lying. Like, you don't need hit 'FFFFFFFF' like a twitchy because if you do, your PC just push away people player wanted to drink. And VtM:B is balanced enough to provide any of the options to be easy enough IF your character is developed properly. Like in any good RPG. The stealth can be tough tho, especially in close quarters.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016