Playing Fallout3 again - Looking for advice

DeusNefastus

First time out of the vault
I was thinking of playing Fallout 3 again soon, since there are few locations I haven't seen yet and I want to try the addons.
I'm not sure what kind of character to use though. I have played with a small guns character with very high crit chance, which blasted anything away. I was level 20 before exploring 50% of the entire map which made the game too easy. I used the most difficult setting to make it harder but that only gave me way too much xp making it easier ^_^

Any suggestions on how to possibly avoiding this? Is it possible to play an evil character (Maybe mostly melee weapons and sneaking or something?)? I wanted to have mine neutral but in the end he had supergood better than jesus karma, eventhough I tried balancing it out by doing bad stuff.

Play with F3C mod it makes game harder and fixes karma thing if i remember...

About DLCs well no point they are crap...

DeusNefastus said:
I was thinking of playing Fallout 3 again soon, since there are few locations I haven't seen yet and I want to try the addons.
I'm not sure what kind of character to use though. I have played with a small guns character with very high crit chance, which blasted anything away. I was level 20 before exploring 50% of the entire map which made the game too easy. I used the most difficult setting to make it harder but that only gave me way too much xp making it easier ^_^

Any suggestions on how to possibly avoiding this? Is it possible to play an evil character (Maybe mostly melee weapons and sneaking or something?)? I wanted to have mine neutral but in the end he had supergood better than jesus karma, eventhough I tried balancing it out by doing bad stuff.

The game is very easy. You can do anything you want. In fact, if you have Broken Steel than you can theoretically max every skill.

superstartran said:
DeusNefastus said:

The game is very easy. You can do anything you want. In fact, if you have Broken Steel than you can theoretically max every skill.

Without Broken Steel planing a character makes perfect sense, since you will not have the oppotunity and time to max out your skills, since FO3 rush you to level 15/16 very quickly (no wonder the obscene amount of XP books in the game).
With Broken Steel you don't need to bother with this, since you will max out with no problem.

As for DLC, I recommend The Pitt. It's not flawless but it's fun to play and the story is passable.
OA was a great opportunity, but it made me very angry, since "my army" is 5 guys (and the chinese opposition 3!!!).

At least CoD W@W put waves and waves of both allies and japanese soldiers, like a real war. ;)

[ ]'s

Play as an evil character if you played as a goodie before, blow up Megaton, join the slavers, help head of state slavers ect.

The Pitt and Point Lookout were the best DLC for Fallout 3. I would advise playing with Fallout Wanderers Edition mod and Marts Mutant Mod. The killable children mod is a must too. Other than that, I would advise you play New Vegas instead. Much better RPG.

Character classes in Fallout 3 are pretty simple. Go for lockpick, small guns, and whatever else for the third. It's pretty easy to max out your skills with books though, so you don't usually need to worry about it. The game is ridiculously easy without mods though, so take that for what it is worth.

Only allow yourself to carry a realistic ammount of ammo, 1 rifle, 1 sidearm, a knife for backup and possibly a FEW grenades. limit your stimpacks as well, and play on Very Hard--this will make you sweat for a while :)

My first time playing look like this: just after exit vault101 am kill bandit with flame thrower (using club) short later spot three brotherhood soldiers, killed last one by thrower and escape behind rocks, then take his laser gun, sneak behind second and shoot his head off (at exp level 1 so my first thought was that game is too easy)

Back