Fallout 2 mod Poison and Radiation Rebalance

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by laclongquan, May 23, 2020.

1. laclongquan

laclongquan Boned Hunter of Sister

Jan 11, 2008
    @Lexx @NovaRain @burn

1. can we change the centaurs', floaters', and radscorpion's attack to have more poison in it? Like 10 ten times amount.

I think the most danger of poison come from them. The other sources are too little chance to appear, so we can just assume they give small poison.

The goal is that Chosen One will die in half an hour after a battle with 30HP left, unhealed. You HAVE TO take an antidote or two battle just to be safe. Antidote cure total 75 point after 2 minutes, so 2 antidote mean 150 points which is a state of serious poisoned.

2. Can we change centaurs', floaters', and fire geckos' attack to have more radiation. Like 10 times currently.

The goal is to make Chosen One have to take a radaway after battle, if not more. And the penalty for NOT, is at least of the minor radiation poisoning (-1 END). per https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Radiation#In-game_effects

That way people would have a reason to carry 3-5 radaways on their inventory.

If we can have a way to make a mod, I can play and check how balanced it is~ The current state means we can generally sell antidote, and pickup radaway when we see it, not having to buy any.

A. If there's any global scripts to deal with, it would be a fast way to test. Like. sfall ddraws.dll command lines, for examples.

B. Is there any quick way to change creature attack scripts for centaur, floater, alien, radscorpion, and fire gecko?

2. Darek

Darek is currently unavailable

Jan 7, 2008
    Why don't you do this yourself, it's not very hard?
    First download the source scripts you want to modify. They are available from the base game if you download the mapper, and also killaps patch and the RP.
    then you will have to search for the critters you want to modify. The random encounter critters can be found in the RNDENCTR folder. The following are the ones to modify in there:
    ECCENTUR.SSL, ECFLOATR.SSL, ECSCORP.SSL

All three of them give poison damage, but only the centaur does radiation damage. That can be added easily by a simple copy paste. Oh, and fire geckos does not give poison or radiation damage.
    If you open ECCENTUR.SSL in notepad and scroll down to the "procedure combat_p_proc begin" you will find the following lines:
    poison(target_obj,random(10,20));
    radiation_inc(target_obj,random(10,20));

Just set those numbers to whatever you like and then compile the script and put it into the correct game folder.

If you need help with what program to use to compile the scripts with, or how to set up the program, search NMA. If that fails, ask for help and I'm sure someone will lend a hand.

3. laclongquan

laclongquan Boned Hunter of Sister

Jan 11, 2008
    Thanks~ I probbably will find the time to do just that.