Quake 4 £9.99!!!!

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Skynet, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Josh

Josh Vault Senior Citizen

Jul 8, 2003
    Indeed, their prices are insane as their place of buissnes is in Jersey, which is tax free. I make all my gaming purchases from this site.

2. mortiz

mortiz Still Mildly Glowing

Aug 21, 2005
  3. Ratty Sr.

Ratty Sr. Formerly known as Ratty Moderator Orderite

Apr 23, 2003
    I wouldn't play Quake IV even if someone gave it to me for free. Thankfully, none of the people I know hate me sufficiently.

4. victor

victor Antediluvian as Feck
    Orderite

Dec 12, 2003
    Yeah, I was tempted to buy it, but then I got GTA for the Gameboy Advance instead, also from Play. A much better purchase IMO, as I got bored with the Quake 4 demo pretty fast. It's just an average FPS. Hell, I wouldn't even get it illegally.

5. Skynet

Skynet Mildly Dipped

Jun 5, 2003
    £9.99 is still a excellent price for just an average FPS, and it´s better than Doom 3 IMHO.

6. victor

victor Antediluvian as Feck
    Orderite

Dec 12, 2003
    It's probably not going to get much more expensive than that though. It's on sale pretty much everywhere nowadays, which might say something about it's quality.

7. Ratty Sr.

Ratty Sr. Formerly known as Ratty Moderator Orderite

Apr 23, 2003
    Not much of an accomplishment, I might add.

8. demuap

demuap First time out of the vault

Jan 5, 2006
    5.00 $ - Quake 4 in Russia =)
    It is REAL!

9. Skynet

Skynet Mildly Dipped

Jun 5, 2003
    Cencored :roll:

10. Lord 342

Lord 342 Water Chip? Been There, Done That

May 21, 2004
    Quake 4 has some sort of evil copy protection crap so I wouldn't touch it if it were PC Gamer game of the year. I just don't buy from companies who do that. I've heard that people lose all sense of morality in front of a computer screen; it took me a little while to realize that this is a two-way street.

11. Montez

Montez So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Jun 20, 2003
    Ugh, I just looked it up and it has Starforce. So many computer geniuses/nerds in the world, yet no one can figure out how to copy protect a game without resorting to crap like Sony's rootkit or Starforce's potentially cd/dvd driver destroying and system-crippling measures?

12. mortiz

mortiz Still Mildly Glowing

Aug 21, 2005
    Problem is most of the nerds and computer geniuses are working on ways to defeat anti-piracy software ;)

13. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded Vault Fossil

Jun 17, 2003
    All the more reason not to touch it. After they gave Sacred RPG of the year over Vampire bloodlines, I wouldn't trust their say on anything. Mmmm I bought the game to find out why they would do such a thing, and have yet to find one redeeming quality in the entire sack of poop

14. Lord 342

Lord 342 Water Chip? Been There, Done That

May 21, 2004
    Half-decent RPGs are very scarce these days. If the choice is betweeen a VW Bug and a Subaru 360, well, the Bug is going to look mighty good. The Trabant of course falls on its face next to even a Dodge or Pontiac, but there you have it.

15. Skynet

Skynet Mildly Dipped

Jun 5, 2003
    Well, what I have heard, the recent StarForce versions are better (they don´t cripple your system at least that much anymore).

And there is always a good old StarForce removal software...

EDIT: Oh, and Quake 4 uses safedisc (4.60.00), not starforce.