Rage Released

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Brother None, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Buxbaum666

Buxbaum666 Heterostructured Nanorod oTO Orderite

Dec 5, 2003
    Lulz @ AMD and NVIDIA actually providing game-specific drivers. I wonder how the developers ran the game.

2. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Eh? It's pretty common for video cards to get small updates to enable them to optimally run recent big game releases.

3. Alphadrop

Alphadrop A right proper chap.

Aug 21, 2008
    Hah, my copy of Rage arrived a day early and I can't even install it until the game gets released tommorow.

4. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    The life of a modern gamer..."they" decide when you play your game. :seriouslyno:

5. C2B

C2B Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Aug 17, 2010
    Alternative for Publishers is that the game is already cracked on warez sites before it releases.

And thats definitly going to hurt sales a lot. (And more than probably any crack after release could)

For that reason its one of the few security measures I can understand.

6. Alphadrop

Aug 21, 2008
    Cracked version was out before I could play so it's not like it works or anything.

7. C2B

C2B Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Aug 17, 2010
    Game was released at different location earlier. Sure, non simultanious releases are a problem but I was speaking generally.

8. Alphadrop

Aug 21, 2008
    Oh yea, I knew what you meant, it's specific region locks is dumb.

9. PainlessDocM

PainlessDocM Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 5, 2010
    "id Explains How to Tweak the Most Out of PC Rage, More Official Settings Coming Soon"

http://kotaku.com/5847710/

This is good news.

10. cdoublejj

cdoublejj It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 30, 2007
  11. Alphadrop

Aug 21, 2008
    A rather bipolar patch as it fixed my problems so I can play it but completely breaks the game for other people.

12. SuAside

SuAside Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Admin

May 27, 2004
    Patch doesn't resolve that much though. Far away textures (and general unpolished rubbish) still looks like crap. Which is quite a let down after seeing all the spiffy screenshots & vids.

13. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Beside the graphics, I don't think the game is so bad. The driving is meh, because - once again - the game world feels just way too compressed and full of narrow corridor canyons, etc. But the actual shooter part is pretty fun for me. There should be less driving and more "normal" shooting in the game. What annoys me a lot are the ever-spawning bandit cars in the wastelands. It's always the same, over and over again and you can't do anything against it.

Regarding the graphics, I had to punch over a few tweaks in cfg stuff, etc. to make it playable. The texture popups had been just way too much- it just kills all the fun. Now, with some tweaks, the textures aren't popping up so much anymore and the game is playable. The amount of graphic options in the pc version is hilarious, though. Resolution, anti-alising and brightness. Wow. I mean, seriously. What did they thought?

14. PainlessDocM

Feb 5, 2010
    I really liked the actual FPS combat, the gunplay felt very solid. It would have been even better if it was a little more challenging.

I used the afterburner and skipped all the car encounters. I just went from mission to mission and ignored most of the filler content.

15. Joelzania

Joelzania Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Oct 12, 2011
    I've been on the fence for a while now on whether to get this. I've read a couple of reviews but I'd like to hear some more opinions. Should I get it?

16. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    I personally don't think that it's worth the full price.

17. PainlessDocM

Feb 5, 2010
    Same here, not worth 50€.

Check out this thread.

18. Jet1337

Jet1337 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 27, 2009
    If full-price is too much for you I'd say don't get it, but it IS a great game for what it is. I don't normally buy games at full price, but I do support Id, so whatever.

19. Serge 13

Serge 13 Pussy Virus Orderite

Jul 20, 2006
    I am playing this game on the PS3 right now and I am really enjoying it. There is a lot to do in this game, it will keep you busy for a while. You can buy this quite cheap now if you're going for a second hand version.