Rage Released

RPS said:
New Rage driver with proper OGL component will be posted later today.
Alphadrop said:
On a more serious note, anyone with a Nvidia card is advised to download the latest beta drivers as they have Rage support.
Lulz @ AMD and NVIDIA actually providing game-specific drivers. I wonder how the developers ran the game.

Eh? It's pretty common for video cards to get small updates to enable them to optimally run recent big game releases.

Hah, my copy of Rage arrived a day early and I can't even install it until the game gets released tommorow.

Alphadrop said:
Hah, my copy of Rage arrived a day early and I can't even install it until the game gets released tommorow.
The life of a modern gamer..."they" decide when you play your game. :seriouslyno:

.Pixote. said:
Alphadrop said:
The life of a modern gamer..."they" decide when you play your game. :seriouslyno:

Alternative for Publishers is that the game is already cracked on warez sites before it releases.

And thats definitly going to hurt sales a lot. (And more than probably any crack after release could)

For that reason its one of the few security measures I can understand.

Alphadrop said:
Cracked version was out before I could play so it's not like it works or anything.

Game was released at different location earlier. Sure, non simultanious releases are a problem but I was speaking generally.

A rather bipolar patch as it fixed my problems so I can play it but completely breaks the game for other people.

Patch doesn't resolve that much though. Far away textures (and general unpolished rubbish) still looks like crap. Which is quite a let down after seeing all the spiffy screenshots & vids.

Beside the graphics, I don't think the game is so bad. The driving is meh, because - once again - the game world feels just way too compressed and full of narrow corridor canyons, etc. But the actual shooter part is pretty fun for me. There should be less driving and more "normal" shooting in the game. What annoys me a lot are the ever-spawning bandit cars in the wastelands. It's always the same, over and over again and you can't do anything against it.

Regarding the graphics, I had to punch over a few tweaks in cfg stuff, etc. to make it playable. The texture popups had been just way too much- it just kills all the fun. Now, with some tweaks, the textures aren't popping up so much anymore and the game is playable. The amount of graphic options in the pc version is hilarious, though. Resolution, anti-alising and brightness. Wow. I mean, seriously. What did they thought?

Lexx said:
the actual shooter part is pretty fun for me. There should be less driving and more "normal" shooting in the game. What annoys me a lot are the ever-spawning bandit cars in the wastelands. It's always the same, over and over again and you can't do anything against it.

I really liked the actual FPS combat, the gunplay felt very solid. It would have been even better if it was a little more challenging.

I used the afterburner and skipped all the car encounters. I just went from mission to mission and ignored most of the filler content.

I've been on the fence for a while now on whether to get this. I've read a couple of reviews but I'd like to hear some more opinions. Should I get it?

I personally don't think that it's worth the full price.

If full-price is too much for you I'd say don't get it, but it IS a great game for what it is. I don't normally buy games at full price, but I do support Id, so whatever.

Joelzania said:
I've been on the fence for a while now on whether to get this. I've read a couple of reviews but I'd like to hear some more opinions. Should I get it?

I am playing this game on the PS3 right now and I am really enjoying it. There is a lot to do in this game, it will keep you busy for a while. You can buy this quite cheap now if you're going for a second hand version.

Back