Recruits have "incorrect" Skills/Traits

Acrux

First time out of the vault
Has anyone who's used the Fallout collection DVD experienced recruits who have skills and traits that are different from the original versions?

For instance, I looked at Mandy's character sheet and she no longer has the Gifted or Skilled traits, and she has melee tagged as a skill instead of small guns. Similarly, Rage had melee tagged instead of steal.

It's not too big of a deal, since I can just used bosedit to change things back to "normal". But, I wondered if this is something that is "wrong" on the DVD version or what? I never experienced it back in the old days.

I'm running the 1.27 patch.

I may be wron here but i think that the game that comes with that version is already patched when you install it. Iinm, the patch changed some things like traits and tagged skills for certain recruits.

That's what I thought. Interesting - they've made some strange decisions then, as almost all of the recruits have been changed to have at least one "rubbish" skill - almost all recruits have melee and/or science tagged.

Oh yes - and stats were changed around for lots of people too. Now there's plenty of recruits who have CH of 6 or 7. :roll:

Like I said, not a big deal since bosedit is around. I just wonder how and why "they" decided to make these changes.

Also, it was not already patched to 1.27 when I installed.

Each to their own. Though thinking about it installing the 1.27 patch should of returned them to normal. Unless your patch was on the dvd and altered as well.

Back