Rumor: Bethesda has the rights for a STALKER title

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by WorstUsernameEver, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Makagulfazel

Makagulfazel Adept Bungler of Things Orderite

Jun 14, 2007
  2. goffy59

goffy59 Still Mildly Glowing

May 16, 2006
    lulz

3. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    From GSC social media mananger (former?) Joe Mullin:

4. grayx

grayx It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 3, 2008
    I don't know.
    Maybe it's better to fed the vultures (ie Beth) then to fall into oblivion (pun intended). That's worth something I guess.

"And that's not all! Also, our games could be played by retarded people! And you get two games for the price of one!".
    And I'm not insulting retarded people here.

Another thing. Washington DC developer and STALKER universe, east European, soviet atmosphere? Yeah, right.

But then again, I could be wrong.

5. UniversalWolf

UniversalWolf eaten by a grue.

Aug 28, 2005
    Well obviously Bethesda would move the new game's setting to DC.

6. Beelzebud

Beelzebud A Smooth-Skin

Mar 6, 2008
    The game will start with your birth, and a few quotes from the bible.

7. The Vault Dweller

The Vault Dweller always looking for water.

Aug 24, 2004
    I'm glad the rumors are false.

Besides them NOT ruining a beloved franchise the STALKER series has had 3 worthy games which as far as I'm concerned is enough to fulfill and complete it. Any further games would just force them to either re-hash stories or dilute the setting with inconsistencies.

Sincerely,
    The Vault Dweller

8. randir14

randir14 First time out of the vault

Dec 20, 2005
    This same rumor appeared a few months ago.

9. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Level 27 Wizard Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    Yeah old fake news. Unless it is real news. Perhaps a viral campaign for relevance?

10. malleus

malleus First time out of the vault

Feb 17, 2012
    Umad? A Bethesda STALKER would be over9000 better than anything else. At least media would say so.

11. Mrxknown

Mrxknown First time out of the vault

Sep 19, 2008
    After watching a playthrough of the first S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game. It is amazing how much better it is than Bethesda's Fallout.

I haven't been a PC Gamer for most of the last decade so I missed out on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and the first Far Cry.

Just the layout of that first village and world is much better. The buildings weren't copied and pasted and the actual layout of the village was tight and fit together.

In Fallout and the Elder Scrolls games they just fell like random buildings and set pieces. There's no flowing thread between them.

I hope this rumor is false.

12. TheWesDude

TheWesDude Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 25, 2005
    if bethesda became the publisher of the next stalker, that would be kinda meh.

publisher != developer

the ukranian guys would develop it, and then let bethesda/zenimax release/sell them in certain markets like say aus or us due to bethesdas massive infrastructure world wide.

13. Morbus

Morbus Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Aug 16, 2006
    It's not that massive. I remember Oblivion wasn't released by Bethesda here in Europe, rather 2k games or some shit like that.

14. Dukeanumberone

Dukeanumberone It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 11, 2012
    I would play it , but so would millions of others. Most would derive varying levels of enjoyment from it.