S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Release Date Announced

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by The Vault Dweller, Aug 19, 2008.

1. The Vault Dweller

The Vault Dweller always looking for water.

Aug 24, 2004
    Stalker's much anticipated sequel Clear Sky now has a release date of September 5th 2008.<blockquote>GSC Game World, computer games developer, its publishing subdivision GSC World Publishing and Deep Silver, the games label of Koch Media, a leading producer and distributor of digital entertainment products, today announce a new release date for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky. The international release date of the game has been set to the 5th September of 2008.</blockquote>Without any setbacks or delays that's not at all long to wait. Let's hope it's delivered as promised.

Link: Official Stalker website
    Link: Clear Sky website

2. doomestic

doomestic First time out of the vault

Aug 11, 2008
    Wow that is sooner than I thought. This fall is going to be great for PC gaming.

3. Neverwinter27

Neverwinter27 First time out of the vault

Jul 12, 2008
    Hey Vault Dweller, when are you going to post the release date of The Fall: Last Days of Gaia

4. Stiched

Stiched It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jun 7, 2008
    This, Spore and HL2:E3 have me really excited for PC gaming this year/next year.

Now, I just need a better PC. >.>

5. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    Has Half Life 2 Episode 3 finally been given a release date?

That game would be honestly the only title I am really looking forwards too.

6. thefalloutfan

thefalloutfan Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Aug 17, 2008
    Loved the first one hopefully this one will be even better. Not too keen on spore tbh though, we'll see. Only 2 games this year to look forward to (FO3 and STALKER: CS), well better than last year I suppose.

7. Drakehash

Drakehash First time out of the vault

Aug 10, 2008
    That game really got good atmosphere...

8. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Since the really bad mod support and the really bad patch policy of Shadow of Chernobyl, I am not really tensed about Clear Sky..

9. Viliny

Viliny Vault Senior Citizen

Aug 19, 2008
    Was it just me that found the game feeling like your trapped in a series of boxes with rails going between them?

The sprint felt unrealistic and the weapons felt like you were playing the game with audio muted...

AI managed to circle around and shoot me in the back in a building but otherwise they got stuck to alot of things.

I was following the hype for like 4 years and then just forgot about it till it finally got released - and didn't really like what it was at that point.

From open world to .... that?

Been wondering why so many people applaud it though, can't be a complete fail then i guess?

10. Xenophile

Xenophile It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 18, 2007
    No I think you are spot on. I picked up stalker from the bargin bin recently having seen some posts here about it and was less than impressed.

11. Serge 13

Serge 13 Pussy Virus Orderite

Jul 20, 2006
    damn...this is one game i am going to buy !
    The game looks amazing !

12. aronsearle

aronsearle Still Mildly Glowing

Oct 14, 2005
    I think i will wait a few months, for the inevitable bugs to be fixed in patches.

13. Vlk

Vlk First time out of the vault

Sep 9, 2003
    i agree too :(

and i don't see why fallout fans think fallout3 suck (and starting it's development from the oblivion engine is a bad idea), while they think stalker was great.

Maybe i have a bad sense of humor but those "fan pictures" and the video a few days ago... well i don't think they were funny at all.

sry for offtopic

14. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Well. The target of Stalker is not to be a true Fallout game.

I think, Fallout 3 could be a cool post apocalyptic game too, if it would be something else and wouldn't try to be Fallout.

15. Viliny

Aug 19, 2008
    Exactly...
    Stalker is Stalker

16. Mad Max RW

Mad Max RW Mildly Dipped

Jan 12, 2004
    Is this the expansion that finally adds [more] dragons?

17. MrBumble

MrBumble Vault Fossil

Jan 17, 2006
    Looking forward to this one. Now that I've got a new rig, I can fully appreciate how atmospheric Stalker really is and I love it. Clear Sky seems to have amazing level design and superb DX10 effects ( and better combat from what I've seen ).

18. Makagulfazel

Makagulfazel Adept Bungler of Things Orderite

Jun 14, 2007
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is one of my favorite FPSs, especially now with the Oblivion Lost Mod.

I can't wait for this one to be released.

19. Viliny

Aug 19, 2008
    Does the dx10 version bring anything new to the table?

Have yet to see any remarkable differences and therefore any reason to use it :|

20. JESUS

JESUS It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 19, 2008
    Yeah i loved the atmosphere of Stalker too, the others talking in russian around you added to it (even though i didn't understand anything :) ).
    I didn't have any trouble with bugs since they patched the game later, no CTDs for me or anything.

I did think the game was rushed in the end near Chernobyl, and all those teleportations (reminding me of doom), broke the feeling in the end.

I really didn't think the game was railroading me at all, the only annoying thing were the auto quests poping up to save camps whenever you walked in the area.

I'll wait to see if Clear Sky is polished enough at release, but since the games always take some time to get to the stores here in Brazil, there might be a patch already when it does.