Scariest nightmare you've ever had?

That's the scary part. Even if I'm flying or doing some other supernatural stuff, I don't really realize it's unreal and I take it for granted. Although lately I decided to do a 'stab' reality check - take a finger and stick it to the palm of the opposite hand. Obviously, if it goes through, it's a dream.

I'll certainly try to make sure I do this once in a while.

When I was younger I was pretty good at lucid dreaming, even without any training.
I lost that ability in recent years, though. Friggin' university is too stressful.

I once dreamt I was riding a unicorn, which in itself was already quite the scare 'cause unicorns are extremely wild animals - research has actually proven that unicorns are biologically closer to grizzly bears than to horses, so yeah.
Anyway, I was riding this unicorn through the fields and meadows of the stuff that dreams are made of, and all of a sudden a virgin crossed our path. Unicorns have this thing for virgins, you see, they become meek and weak whenever they see one and actually put their head in a virgin's lap to be caressed by her.
That's exactly what my unicorn did, the poor fool. Little did he know that the virgin who was holding his head in her lap was also wielding a goddamn machete with which she firmly cut of the unicorn's horn. Blood shot from the poor animal head, a fountain of mythical blood, in which soon bathed the virgin, holding the horn (and the machete).
I leapt from the unicorn's back and started to run, but the virgin was quick and dainty and she easily followed me around until I dropped to my knees, battling with extreme fatigue.
The virgin laughed at my pityful posture. She took hher machete and started to cut away my clothes (a velvet bodysuit with golden ornaments) until I was sitting there naked, resting on my hands and knees. I knew what was going to happen and tried to wake up, but I couldn't. All I could do was watch the virgin dip the unicorn's severed horn into a bucket of lubricant before she inserted it into my pooper. While doing so she yelled: "In China a unicorn's horn is considerd the ultimate afrodisiac, sissy boy!" And I all I could think of saying was: "We're not in China, you little bitch!"
I woke up soon after, bathing in sweat, with a morning erection the size of a baby's arm.
:roll:

alec said:
I once dreamt I was riding a unicorn, which in itself was already quite the scare 'cause unicorns are extremely wild animals - research has actually proven that unicorns are biologically closer to grizzly bears than to horses, so yeah.
Anyway, I was riding this unicorn through the fields and meadows of the stuff that dreams are made of, and all of a sudden a virgin crossed our path. Unicorns have this thing for virgins, you see, they become meek and weak whenever they see one and actually put their head in a virgin's lap to be caressed by her.
That's exactly what my unicorn did, the poor fool. Little did he know that the virgin who was holding his head in her lap was also wielding a goddamn machete with which she firmly cut of the unicorn's horn. Blood shot from the poor animal head, a fountain of mythical blood, in which soon bathed the virgin, holding the horn (and the machete).
I leapt from the unicorn's back and started to run, but the virgin was quick and dainty and she easily followed me around until I dropped to my knees, battling with extreme fatigue.
The virgin laughed at my pityful posture. She took hher machete and started to cut away my clothes (a velvet bodysuit with golden ornaments) until I was sitting there naked, resting on my hands and knees. I knew what was going to happen and tried to wake up, but I couldn't. All I could do was watch the virgin dip the unicorn's severed horn into a bucket of lubricant before she inserted it into my pooper. While doing so she yelled: "In China a unicorn's horn is considerd the ultimate afrodisiac, sissy boy!" And I all I could think of saying was: "We're not in China, you little bitch!"
I woke up soon after, bathing in sweat, with a morning erection the size of a baby's arm.

Something tells me your full of shit. :)

alec said:

I find this post very easy to maturbate to.

Moe Canibo said:
alec said:

I find this post very easy to maturbate to.

You should fit in then.

Has anyone ever had one of those dreams within a dream? You go to sleep and when you are inside your dream you sleep and have a dream? Crazy I know.

I've never dreamed that I've gone to sleep, but I've dreamed that I've woken up several times in succession.

Per said:
I've never dreamed that I've gone to sleep, but I've dreamed that I've woken up several times in succession.

Me as well. Like when you wake up and start getting ready for school, but then you realize you are still dreaming, then you wake up for real. That hasn't happened to me in years though.

In several occasions I dreamed I was dreaming and tried to wake up. The last time it happened I was in my sister's place and stayed over to sleep, but in the dream I thought have returned home so I couldn't be there anymore, but I was. So I dreamed about realizing I was dreaming and woke up in a place I was not, in other words, I woke up from a dream only to find myself being on a dream thinking it was reality. So I guess that qualifies as a dream within a dream?

I tend to get rally confused when I sleep in places other than the ones I'm used to. I tend to think I'm in my bed back home only to wake up surprised and remembering only after a while that I stayed over to sleep someplace else.

Now all this also brings me to the story of my worse nightmare, or rather a case of not realizing what is dream and what is real and then mixing thing up resulting in one of the most if not the most frightening experiences in my life.

I went to a congress in Mar Del Plata, a coastal city about 400 kilometers south of Buenos Aires, where I live. The congress lasted four days, so I checked in in an Hotel. Nothing fancy, but comfortable, 3 stars, had bathroom, two beds (I was alone so I only the used one) and a TV with cable (I'm not just giving random details, it has to do with the story, so bare with me).

Anyway, I think it must have been the second night, and was sleeping in this unfamiliar place. I left the TV being this the only light source in the room and the rest of the room the room being in complete and absolute darkness. The last thing I remember before falling asleep is watching a rather tranquil movie about some guy delivering newspapers with a strange kind of transportation that had a newspaper delivering mechanism or something. After that I fell into total darkness and unconsciousness, probably thinking I was in my room back home (there was no TV in my room).

I don't know if I slept trough the entire movie and some other movie started, or if the movie suddenly took a turn for the fucked up, but there, in the middle of the dark, thinking I was on the safety in my room, I'm suddenly woken by a strong noise, and, in the middle of the darkness, illuminated only by a strange source of light, a disfigured person wielding an axe, screaming, was standing right next to my bed about to drop the very axe down on me.

Man, I thought I was a goner, I thought I was dead for sure, no fucking way I was going to react in time to avoid being struck by the axe, the world stopped for a instant, and all I could think of was "so, this is how I die". And the disfigured person started dropping the axe down on me repeatedly, only I wasn't feeling anything, It was like it was there, but It wasn't there, like it was only visual but not sensorial. So, suddenly I realized, THE TV SET! I was watching a movie! QUICK! CHANGE THE CHANNEL! For some reason I thought that if I changed the channel I would be saved, not like only the fact that realizing it was just a movie was enough to be safe already, for some reason I thought changing the channel was a way of fighting away the creature and saving my life. FUCK! THIS DAMN REMOTE! the remote didn't worked well, I pressed the buttons to change the channel but it didn't worked! So I tried, strongly and desperately, to change the channel and I finally did, longest seconds of my life.

So yeah, I'm sure it sounds pretty silly after it happened, but man I thought I was so dead, and not just dead, killed in a gruesome and violently painful fashion. Made worse by the fact that it wasn't really a dram, but a mix, I was so sure it was real life, and that's because it was, only it wan only an illusion, a terrifying one. Man, I'll never forget about that one.

But yea, silly as it was, it was the most terrifying experience of my life. I hope it was at least entertaining to read.

Well my scariest dream was just falling off a really high bridge into a river that had a shark in it for some reason.

I've also had a few instances where I knew I was dreaming but I usually wasted them by accidently waking up or spending my time trying to convince the other people in the dream that we were dreaming. I did fly once though, so that was fun.

Oh yeah, another time I had a dream that I went though a whole day of school and when I woke up I was exausted and still had to go to school.

Has it ever happened to someone to be scared of some dream, and then later started liking it?

For example, when I was younger, I was really scared of dreams in which I was falling of from great heights. It was usually a dream where I was standing on a great rock from the mountainside, and long way beneath is a valley, or forest. Lots of green. Anyway, I would always fall from there. There were other forms of falling down, simply from great heights to abyss, or ocean, or just the sensation of falling.

However, later I really started to enjoy these dreams, and I realized that I was actually felling more relaxed and tension-free after dreaming them. Sadly, it's been quite a while since my last drop.

Atomkilla said:
However, later I really started to enjoy these dreams, and I realized that I was actually felling more relaxed and tension-free after dreaming them.
That's what I'm saying: if you don't wake up breathing hard in a pool of sweat, it wasn't a really good nightmare. It's like eating chili peppers.

Per said:

Yah. I had similar crap. I remember I woke up and went to primary school. I didn't really like it back then and it was almost a nightmare for me. Then I woke up again (for real this time), and thought 'oh man, it's time to go to primary school'. It took me a few minutes to realize I'm already in high school anyways.

I only ever seem to have dreams about sex these days. Not like alec, just normal, not-on-a-dead-headless-unicorn, heterosexual, of-age, non-frot sex.

Or maybe the ones about sex are the only ones I remember.

I don't really remember any of the nightmares I've ever had.

Perhaps my dreams about having sex are just other peoples nightmares. meh.

I'd like to dream about falling though, I've never had that one at all. It seems like a very common theme that I'm missing out on somehow.

Eventually you'll probably get senile enough that it won't matter if you have dreams or not. You'll just forget them by the time find your false teeth in the morning anyway.

Well Gonzalez, that is definitely one of the most intense experienced I have ever read about.

Another type of dream I really hate is when you experience something good and you really want it to be true.
I had that a couple of days ago when my missing cat Zippy returned to me, I remember in the dream saying that I don't want this to be a damn dream.

The Dutch Ghost said:
Another type of dream I really hate is when you experience something good and you really want it to be true.

Yeah, I hate those too. They are rare, though.
Dreaming of passed relatives/friends/pets etc. can be a really harrowing experience, but nowhere near as dreaming of things that still exist, that are out there, that are at your grasp, but you can't reach them.
Like you've mentioned a lost pet returning home, or of failed goals and ambitions in your life. Or sometimes, a dream is simply so good.
It is actually rare, to dream you have everything you want. It happened to me only once...well, one time that I recall of. In the dream I had a great life, no issues, perfect girlfriend, fulfilled childhood wishes and everything. Sounds like some film-experience, but it really felt so good.
You can imagine how fucked up I felt after waking up. Gets you into a state of mild depression for a day or two.
Luckily, such dreams are really rare, at least for me, but they do ruin your day.

Another type of dream, similar to the one Dutch Ghost mentioned;
Has it ever happened to you that there is some opportunity in your life, or a choice you should make, which you thought well through, but haven't reached a satisfying conclusion, or completely ignored by then, and suddenly you dream about it, and the solution is there? Or, furthermore, you are 'inspired' by your dream to do something quite opposite from what you've decided to do while awake.
Essentially, one of those "Nice dream, let's try that in real life" experiences.

Back