Sean K. Reynolds interview at DAC

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Montez, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Montez

Montez So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Jun 20, 2003
    PsychoSniper of Duck And Cover is on an interviewing spree this week, adding former BIS developer Sean K. Reynolds to his tally. Here's a sample:
    <blockquote>6. What parts of the country does the player get to explore first hand in Van Buren? Also, would there be any references to other part's of the country, both those seen in FO/FO2 and other unseen parts?

It takes place in the American southwest (Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, Utah) ... the westernmost sites on the game map are the easternmost borders of NCR, and problems with NCR have a lot to do with what's going on in the game. There are references to the midwest (for a while there was a significant faction from the midwest in the game, but when we realized the size and story had gotten too big we cut them out but left some links in to make an easier transition to FO4). In fact, one of the links is there because of the radioactive twisters Cassidy mentions in FO2. </blockquote>

Check it out.
    Link: Sean Reynolds interview at DAC
    Thanks, PsychoSniper!

2. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded Vault Fossil

Jun 17, 2003
    yay FO4!! Oh wait... Bethesda now is doing Fallout. Doh! :cry:

That sounds interesting. A lot different than anything that has been in the Fallout games thus far.

3. Pope Viper

Pope Viper This ghoul has seen it all
    Orderite

Dec 9, 2003
    Crap.

This killed me.

Fallout 4...

Bastard Herve.

4. Bradylama

Bradylama Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Oct 22, 2003
    Very good interview.

But is PC Town literally PC Town, or could the player rename it?

5. Macaco

Macaco Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Jul 13, 2004
    i doubt it would be called "PC town", i think it's more likely it already had a name, you just took it for yourself.

Oh, and i'd like to see what were their plans for the radioactive twisters, cassidy was always my favorite NPC in FO2.

6. Sovz

Sovz Vault Dweller

Aug 11, 2003
    I doubt that it would be actually called PCTOWN :wink:

7. murdrax

murdrax First time out of the vault

Apr 20, 2003
    :-)

I partically liked the lock herve in a room with us rabid fans comment.

if that happened id be very surprised if herve left room in one piece!

8. Hory

Hory First time out of the vault

Jun 29, 2003
    Damn it, Van Buren seems better and better. For example, I doubt Troika's PA RPG will be made with the 50's feel, as good as it will be...

9. Sovz

Sovz Vault Dweller

Aug 11, 2003
    oh ye of little faith doubt troika you shall not.

anywho, there's no reason to cry over spilled milk.

10. PsychoSniper

PsychoSniper So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Jun 27, 2003
    Also, notice that Herve still owes Sean money.......

One more employee owed backpay it seems.

Sean, Sawyer, y'all did a exellent job with the FO universe from what Ive seen so far, to bad Herve fucked it up.

11. Role-Player

Role-Player A Smooth-Skin

Dec 21, 2003
    Why should it be made with the 50's feel, in the event of it not being a Fallout game?

12. Hory

Hory First time out of the vault

Jun 29, 2003
    Well, I suppose the 50's feel is better than the one they're gonna come with. ..

13. Briosafreak

Briosafreak Lived Through the Heat Death

Dec 18, 2003
    We don`t know that Hory, do we?

Psycho the interview FREAKING ROCKS!!!!

14. PsychoSniper

Jun 27, 2003
    Thanks Brios

Some credid goes to Teatime, who spellchecked (I cant spell, for those that havent noticed) and he did a few of the questions.

15. kumquatq3

kumquatq3 Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Oct 20, 2003
    If I'm off on something, don't shoot me, the game changed a few times! :) Tho I think all of it is on the spot as of "the end".

The faction was Caesar's Legion. One NPC had ties to them. You'd see small groups of these guys, but you wouldn't see their true power until a sequel.
    :(

(Edit: see SKR post) The Prison, at least at one time, was supposed to be a sort of "pc town" too. Not sure if that got cut.

Wellllll....there is a minor connection. You are imprisoned in cell block 13 :D Warms the heart.

Hoover Dam belonged to NCR, but communication was cut off. The Mayor of Hoover Dam for some reason (I forget) believes that Hoover Dam is all that is left of NCR. That it *is* NCR.

Eventually, the prison computer will send out ARGOS, the best of the best, a nearly-unkillable bot of enormous size. The EM field generated by ARGOS is so powerful that it interferes with other electronic devices when it's close by. The player will know this because when he opens up his PIPBoy, he'll get nothing but static.

It's a ghoul town and naturally highly radioactive. The ghouls are sick of being the underdogs of the wasteland, and they have a new leader who's going to stick it to the humans good. Firing radioactive artillery shells via Nuclear Nellie, theghouls' bigass gun, into every town ought to clear those pesky humans out. Of course, Nellie isn't quite working right and the ghouls haven't figured out a way to move Nellie around easily....

Other factoids:

The Prison computers name is ULYSSES

The Prison is know as Tibbets Facility or "The Big Empty".

Location: The Nursery: The last hope of the wasteland, where seeds and another genetic information, preserved from the world before The War, have been stored. This hidden valley is a lush, verdant place. Harold the Ghoul has found his way here, but thanks to the tree in his head, has been marked as an "interesting
    specimen" and has been prevented from leaving by the Nursery's security bots.

16. PsychoSniper

Jun 27, 2003
    So Harold play'd a part in it again ? Sweet.

17. kumquatq3

Oct 20, 2003
    BTW, Bottle caps are again the currency of the waste.

18. Role-Player

Role-Player A Smooth-Skin

Dec 21, 2003
    They jumped from caps to money and back into caps? :?

19. kumquatq3

Oct 20, 2003

Well, technically this is a completely different area from FO1/2, so hard currency might not be around or used.

20. seankreynolds

seankreynolds First time out of the vault

Apr 20, 2004
    FA and PCTOWN are two different things, actually....