Set death anims vs Ragdolling

Discussion in 'Fallout 3 Discussion' started by the4thlaw, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Leon

Leon A Smooth-Skin

Oct 10, 2008
    I'd buy a game with "shot in the dick" as a status effect.

2. PetrolMan

PetrolMan First time out of the vault

Nov 13, 2008
    I had a nice Super Mutant kill where they did exactly what you would expect. I shot the mutant in the chest and he died, turned halfway around and slumped over a banister. Kind of nice.

This is of course balanced by the ridiculous deaths like the anti-gravity critical.

My favorite so far is getting kicked by the skeletons that litter every cave, tunnel, sewer, hole in the ground, ditch, etc. I don't think they do any damage but listening to my character grunt because he got kicked by a skeleton makes me think of Army of Darkness.

Hail to the king, baby.

PetrolMan

3. sentorio

sentorio First time out of the vault

Oct 16, 2008
    Because all of their animations suck, therefore it's too much to wait them to get this one right.

GOW2 is a remarkable game in that point. BTW Check out COD5 and see death effects, they've done it quite well and quite bloody in a way you can enjoy not in a way every time you shoot someone you can see 5 different pieces flying around. (although COD5 lack of variety on death animations)

4. Eyenixon

Eyenixon Vault Senior Citizen

Apr 11, 2008
    I was being sarcastic and trying to prove the exact opposite. If you murder NPCs where other NPCs aren't alerted you can drag the body over to the other NPCs without them really saying anything beyond "Is that really necessary?" as though you're manipulating any normal object.

Then you can proceed to violently mutilate the corpses while they say absolutely nothing.