Fallout 2 mod Sfall by Crafty [Extented]

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Mr.Stalin, May 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Mr.Stalin

Mr.Stalin Agent of Enclave Modder

Oct 29, 2015
    English text translation:
    Download Sfall for Fallout 2
    Download Sfall for Fallout 1

2. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Oct 28, 2009
    Please inform Crafty to cap hitpoints at 999 when leveling up while playing fallout 1 with Sfall. Since it is now possible to level up to 99, and have more perks than just 7 (3x lifegiver), one can reach hit point levels far beyond "999". Doing so causes glitches with the life counter not only when leveling up but also when takeing damage.

Additionally please also inform Crafty that Controlling party members in battle doesn't always work..
    for example party members on rare ocasions during fights just stand and do nothing at all throughout the whole fight (not getting their turn) this is especially true when Player and the police assaults Decker and his crew underneath malteese falcon in the hub, and in boneyard when fighting deathclaws on warehouse map. they do not get their turn despite beeing attacked

by not getting their turn i mean that hud doesn't switch to controlling them and We get to control only the player character and party npc's ain't doing shit..
    It is a problem keeping onself and party npc's alive especially during Decker fight, as it is still early on and neigther player nor party npc's have high enaugh hp to allow such behaviour.

3. Felipefpl

Felipefpl Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 17, 2010
    i'm curious to know which of those can be ported to standard sfall.... :)

4. chewchewdeviljerky

chewchewdeviljerky First time out of the vault

May 20, 2016
    How do I install this? Just unpack into fallout 2 folder? Won't that conflict with other mods?

5. Mr.Stalin

Mr.Stalin Agent of Enclave Modder

Oct 29, 2015
    Replace ddraw.dll and ddraw.ini in fallout 2 folder. The rest you do not need. 100% compatibility :)

6. chewchewdeviljerky

May 20, 2016
    Thanks Mr. Stalin.
    But restoration project warns me to revert back ini files before it's too late? So shoulld I install extension first then RP?

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  7. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    You shouldn't overwrite RP's ddraw.ini with the one from sfall package unless you're 100% sure what you're doing.

8. chewchewdeviljerky

May 20, 2016
    Ok, I get it work, I just replace the dll file and add lines of function that I want in the ini file, I guess this won't cause problems anymore.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  9. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    The default ddraw.ini from sfall packages (both official and Crafty's) is only for vanilla game. If you already have an existing ddraw.ini, you need to overwrite ddraw.dll and edit the INI file manually.

10. sosna

sosna First time out of the vault

Oct 25, 2014
    Did anyone have a problem in EPA location (RP 2.3.3) after installing sfall2 v1.7.42 by crafty?
    Two robots are spinning in place (the path of movement is not working)
    one in the lobby with elevators and the second in the room with cryo chambers.
    They couse big lag on the whole map. Just killing them improves the situation.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017