Sierra's "Prototype"

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Maphusio, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Maphusio

Maphusio Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Sep 25, 2004
    I just picked up a PS3 and was doing some research on upcoming video games when I stumbled across this...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OWa2pxeuQ8&feature=channel[/youtube]

Their website has a counter, 10 days!?
    http://www.prototypegame.com/splash/

I'm actually intrigued, it has some uniqueness to it.

2. BloodyPuppy

BloodyPuppy Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Nov 18, 2008
    I dunno, I have doubts. Looks like it's just GTA/Mercenaries with a God of War type battle mechanic. I could be wrong, but I'll wait until some clear gameplay footage is released or better yet some decent reviews.

3. generalissimofurioso

generalissimofurioso The Hole Time Orderite

Jun 17, 2007
    I thought this game was canceled.

Cool that it wasn't.

4. maximaz

maximaz Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Apr 2, 2006
    Holy crap. That looks pretty cool.

5. rcorporon

rcorporon So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Orderite

Jan 31, 2008
    Looks like what Assassin's Creed should have been. Hope it's decent.

6. Mutoes

Mutoes Mildly Dipped

Feb 5, 2008
    Hmm, i hope theres more than god of war like hacknslash there, i like the overall style and intensity though. If the gameplay keeps somewhat high speed/quick combats and the player isnt some non stoppable godlike regenerating badass muthafucka all the time this might just be something intresting.

7. maximaz

Apr 2, 2006
  8. PastaMasta

PastaMasta Mildly Dipped

Sep 25, 2008
    Looks like crackdown, and crackdown was motherfucking cool. ( If a little boring once finished). I'll probably buy it.

9. lugaru

lugaru Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Mar 9, 2009
    Any idea if it will come out for PC? I've been following it for a while and it looks like it will hit that "good hulk game" craving with some ultra violence added for good measure.

10. PastaMasta

PastaMasta Mildly Dipped

Sep 25, 2008
    I can see you enjoy your spot of the old Ultra-Violence? ;) I'm sure it will probably come out for PC same time as consoles, if it doesn't I wouldn't hold my breath.

11. SuAside

SuAside Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Admin

May 27, 2004
    looks Switchblade-y.

and looks like someone's got a grudge. :P

12. UncannyGarlic

UncannyGarlic Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 6, 2008
    Looks like it has some potential to be awesome but I'm skeptical. Most games with super powers turn out pretty poorly or, at best, average.

13. maximaz

Apr 2, 2006
    I have to say that it's probably one game I'm excited about the most right now. The dude is badass and pissed off, a perfect combination.

14. PastaMasta

PastaMasta Mildly Dipped

Sep 25, 2008
    To be honest, I'm more excited about DR2 (Dead Rising 2).

15. Maphusio

Maphusio Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Sep 25, 2004
    gah why did you guys have to remind me how much I want to play this!

And for those of you asking when this is released....

I'll be in my bunk.

16. SuAside

SuAside Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Admin

May 27, 2004
    so, it's been out for a while and seems fun enough. but is it worth enough to plunk down the money for it? or should i give it time for it to go down (i've got time and i figure it'll go down after the summer).

17. Sander

Sander This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Jul 5, 2003
    I'll just quote myself from the 'what are you playing now' thread:

Cliffnotes: massive destruction fun, good atmosphere, plotholes, mediocre graphics. It's also somewhat repetitive, but still good fun.

18. lugaru

lugaru Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Mar 9, 2009
    I really want to check out prototype but I'm broke, well, not broke but I've got a few things I need to do before I can start spending money on games. Maybe next month after my vacation I can pick up a copy.

19. Alphadrop

Alphadrop A right proper chap.

Aug 21, 2008
    It's cliffsnotes. :wink:

It looks pretty interesting and I don't mind the graphics as long as the art style is good and the fps rate keeps up.
    The problem is it's all brown with generic soldiers and the generic anti hero with his generic voice and generic clothing.

I do like the big battles though, looks like fun to join one while pretending to be a soldier.

20. Multidirectional

Multidirectional Mildly Dipped

Sep 12, 2008
    Or slaughtering the civilians on the street and throwing cars around while pretending to be an old lady. That's fun too.