Slo-mo in VATS - can I disable it?

ilcattivo13

First time out of the vault
Howdee!

How can I disable slow motions in VATS?

I'm doing a lot of criticals, almost every single shot is critical and almost every one ends up with slo-mo. It's not a problem when figting with single enemy or during long distance fight. But every time I begin a close combat with a group of enemies, it looks like that:

1. Aiming (no matter how many targets I will mark)
2. My first shot
3. Slo-mo of my first shot, during it "melee" enemies comes to me and hit me several times and "shooting" enemies perforate me with bullets. Sometimes they can "take" over 300 HP (even if they are simple Raiders)!

I don't know if anybody has the same problem, but maybe someone has a solution to it.

You can't disable it. It's not a bug, it's design.
Bethesda thinks constant slow-mo is awesome, but to make sure don't actually die during the wankfest, you only take 10% dmg while in VATS. So no worries.

Maybe there's a mod somewhere to disable it.

PlanHex - I know it's not a bug. It's another "brilliant" idea of someone from Bethesda.
But if (theoretically) I can take only 10% damage in VATS, then or enemies must have the same chance for critical hits as I have, or this 10% are bugged. Because it's impossible to lost more than 150 HP with one or two sledge bashes when they are not critical. Especially when my "hero" has 7x10 SPECIAL and almost every possible perk givin' me higher damage resistance, and is crouching in Chinese Stealth "clothes".
What if my "hero" was a "melee" fighter? I make 1 strike, each enemy hits me 10 or more times? :?

I haven't found mod disabling slo-mo. Maybe there is no such mod.

Sorrow - as You can see, in my case they are not.

there's no sense in doing this. First primo :wink: , it seems that only I experienced such problems. Second, I finished main game,The Pitt, Point Lookout and half of Broken Steel. And I'm pretty well fed up with FO3.

Sorrow said:
It looks like a bug. I think you should report it on Bethesda forums.

Like PlanHex said, it's not a bug, it's design. Also, that's the problem making weapons, food, meds, world, enemys with too rigid rules, you don't have room to improvement or diference.

If you have Better Criticals, Finesse, 10 Luck, Commando and Gunslider perks that's it, almost every shot is critical, inside and outside of VATS. If you have also Ninja and use Chinese Stealth Armor, almost every high melee weapon kill enemys with one strike.
Just do the math: Chinese Assault Rifle do 44 DM default + 10 critical +15% sneak (if applicable) + 50% better criticals. If you have Concentrated Fire and need a second shot and aim in the same part add more 50% in the total count! No wonder you have weapons doing almost 400 points per bullet.

That make tremendous damage on the enemy, but they don't have this, so I think it's unfair.
There's some mods on Fallout Nexus that make VATS less cheater, but do not expect huge improvements, the idea is just that: make things easier and "cool" for you.

No wonder they have to come with Albino Radscorpions, Overlords and the undestructive yokels in Point Lookout. :roll:

[ ]'s

Back