So Would You Say Call of Duty: WWII Is losing it's Hype?

The King of The Worms

First time out of the vault
Like I remember being super hyped for the return of the old style of the Call of Duty games but idk after what we've seen so far it's not looking to good for the game I don't i'm probably wrong.

Fair enough but it's worth noting that doom and cod arent near on the same level.

Hey what would you think of a civil war COD?
That would be awesome honestly I don't think anyone has really tackled the civil war I mean yeah there are civil war games but none of them really make me feel like i'm a soldier in the war.

Like I remember being super hyped for the return of the old style of the Call of Duty games but idk after what we've seen so far it's not looking to good for the game I don't i'm probably wrong.

To be honest I've not been keeping up to date with it. If the single player is really good I might grab the game when it lowers in price but I won't pre-order it or buy it on day 1.

Hey what would you think of a civil war COD?

That would be interesting to explore, I can't think of any games set during that time.

We're not a hivemind, Graves.

We are many, and you are one. How can you hope to prevail against us?

I for one do not like the new Call of Duty: WW2. I remember liking the trailer, seeing the guns, hearing the realistic sounds and seeing just the beautiful graphics and being awestruck. I remember watching it's worldwide reveal and I was hyped to hear them talking about how much work they put into it and how much they said that it was going to be historically accurate and I was hoping to experience the visceral combat in all it's detail.

And then I saw a multiplayer game play video on IGN and seeing something so out of place in a WW2 game that it belonged somewhere else. A black, female, German soldier. Yes, you read that right. I couldn't believe that was going to be in a WW2 game.

And before anyone says something about sexism or racism, It's not that I don't like diversity, it's just that when it's in a game that is centered on a real conflict that had happened and not in a game set in the future that's when the line is crossed. The truth is that WW2 was a war fought largely by white men and of course there were american and french units that consisted of black men and of course a small number of female Russian snipers but the numbers of them was almost minuscule in the large picture. I hate the direction games are going where diversity is so important that they put it in a game centered on a real event.

Also a little off topic here but I also do not like the direction marvel comics are going. I mean c'mon replacing Steve Rogers and Tony Stark with black, female characters is just a horrible way to alienate the fans and then calling them racists and sexists for not liking the changes, it's just embarrassing. I understand that a lot of iconic characters in marvel are white men but changing them is not a good way of implementing diversity instead what they should've done was introduce more diverse characters instead of changing the already well known characters.

I for one do not like the new Call of Duty: WW2. I remember liking the trailer, seeing the guns, hearing the realistic sounds and seeing just the beautiful graphics and being awestruck. I remember watching it's worldwide reveal and I was hyped to hear them talking about how much work they put into it and how much they said that it was going to be historically accurate and I was hoping to experience the visceral combat in all it's detail.

And then I saw a multiplayer game play video on IGN and seeing something so out of place in a WW2 game that it belonged somewhere else. A black, female, German soldier. Yes, you read that right. I couldn't believe that was going to be in a WW2 game.

And before anyone says something about sexism or racism, It's not that I don't like diversity, it's just that when it's in a game that is centered on a real conflict that had happened and not in a game set in the future that's when the line is crossed. The truth is that WW2 was a war fought largely by white men and of course there were american and french units that consisted of black men and of course a small number of female Russian snipers but the numbers of them was almost minuscule in the large picture. I hate the direction games are going where diversity is so important that they put it in a game centered on a real event.

Also a little off topic here but I also do not like the direction marvel comics are going. I mean c'mon replacing Steve Rogers and Tony Stark with black, female characters is just a horrible way to alienate the fans and then calling them racists and sexists for not liking the changes, it's just embarrassing. I understand that a lot of iconic characters in marvel are white men but changing them is not a good way of implementing diversity instead what they should've done was introduce more diverse characters instead of changing the already well known characters.

When COD WW2 was first mentioned on this site I'd heard about the female soldiers and thought "Well the singleplayer could still be good". Now that I've actually watched that IGN clip...I'm not so certain now. Given this whole "diversity for the sake of it" thing I can't help but think singleplayer will be affected in some way.

Truth be told I think World at War was the last COD game I thought was any good, both single and multiplayer.

I HATE the revisionist history bullshit that Activision is doing for the sake of diversity, especially after they said that they are going to respect history and the source material. If they really wanted to be diverse and still respect history then why don't they have the player play as a female Russian sniper? But no, that is not good enough because because most Russian are white.
I shudder to think how Activision is going to portray the Holocaust in CoD WW2, which they have stated numerous times they wish to portray. Most of the Jews will probably be black or Mexican since the European Jews were white but, hey, we gotta show how diverse we are and met that diversity quota. I joke about that but at the same time my expectations are so low that it wouldn't surprise me if they do that.
I must say that I am both greatly amused and angry at watching both Game devs and Hollywood trying to out diversities one another. Amused as it has become nothing more then a massive dick measuring contest and angry because I don't want to watch and play crap, as well wanting history to be respected.

Last edited:
I HATE the revisionist history bullshit that Activision is doing for the sake of diversity, especially after they said that they are going to respect history and the source material. If they really wanted to be diverse and still respect history then why don't they have the player play as a female Russian sniper?

They actually did years ago, the first COD I think (Finest Hour on PlayStation). Fuck knows why they couldn't do it again, hell they could have even used the same character.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Tanya_Pavelovna

EDIT: Finest Hour is based on the first COD, it's not a direct copy.

How..how would a civil war FPS even work. Stand in a line and get shot? Slowly advance towards gunfire and get slaughtered?

Tbh knowing what they did in Battlefield 1 if they did this it probably have full auto rifles and civil war machine guns or some stupid shit.

Shermans march to the sea would be a multiplayer map pack and if you played as confederates you would have a meter for how racist you are and how many slaves you own.

Unless you set something in specific parts of the world in the late 18th and 19th centuries european war FPS would be boring as fuck.

Dying of dysentery or standing in a row and watching smoke go over the battlefield, until you get killed by a bullet out of nowhere. Yeah, that might work.
Anything is possible if executed right like maybe there could be tactic commands to to make it more how it actually was.

Back