Stalker.

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Makta, Jun 16, 2013.

1. CthuluIsSpy

CthuluIsSpy A Smooth-Skin

Dec 20, 2011
    I started playing stalker again yesterday on the second hardest difficulty. I was in the bloodsucker village, and suddenly two of them just pounced on me. I think I used like 10 mags from my fast shooting ak to kill them. It was scary and awesome at the same time.

2. Makta

Makta The DICKtator

Jul 29, 2010
    Besides a few random bugs today i think i broke the game... Endless spawning bandits and random groups of soldiers at the same location.

My armor lost like 25% durability during the endless firefight and i got headshoted just as i decided to screw it and headed for the next area.. Sigh.

I did find a secret MP5 that used normal pistol bullets right before this so at least i have a somewhat close save before everything went to hell.

Edit:

Yes.. Every "dot" on the radar died to 1 single anomalie thingy.. 1 by one thet went in a line formation to their death.. And i dragged em away a bit due to them being in a big pile so that is why some are to the left.

I feel like giving up this game and tried the second one instead!

3. CthuluIsSpy

Dec 20, 2011
    Huh, never had that bug before. Sounds like fun :D

But yeah, CoP is a lot more stable than SoC. You shouldn't have that many problems with it.

4. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Don't try the second one. It's even worse in terms of bugs :D
    CoP ran quite well for me, I don't recall any bugs. But then again, SoC also ran pretty smoothly.

5. Ilosar

Ilosar Vault Fossil

Apr 20, 2010
    Well I was exagerating about running away. But those things have a knack for making a player paranoid. I actually think Snorks are worse than Bloodsuckers, being much harder to hit and not running away after striking. They just keep clawing and you're dead in 2-3 hits.

Also, am I supposed to swim in money at this point? I've done about 3 missions around Yanov and I already have more than 60K. Missions give loads of cash and quick and easy artifact hunting can net upwards of 15-20K per trip. I would have ordered the Exosuit if I didn't want to break the game's balance already.

6. CthuluIsSpy

Dec 20, 2011
    Yeah, I have about 30k, and that was because I blew about 20k on ammo and medkits.

7. Makta

Makta The DICKtator

Jul 29, 2010
    Got like 500k and everything repaired and some 1k bullets for my current rifle and a shitload of stuff i'm saving just in case.. It is way to easy to earn cash >>

Also it feels like i'm getting a better weapon every 15 minutes now.

Time for some comedy!

And yes.. Every white and red dot is a soldier "ish".. :|

And did i complain about spawns? I decided to check out the view after clearing this area.. All of a sudden this flood of dogs and "rats"? decided to charge the building i was in.. I have no idea where they came from.

Kinda annoying how i disslike so many parts of the game yet i keep playing it..

8. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt I should set a custom tit

Oct 28, 2008
    Oh, THAT place, I remember that, tough fight.

Are you using some mods that change the number of spawns? I don't remember there being quite that many.

9. CthuluIsSpy

Dec 20, 2011
    Odd, they shouldn't be able to climb the building. I've never seen them do that. I've also never encountered that many enemies :/

What mods are you running?

10. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt I should set a custom tit

Oct 28, 2008
    Really? They always attacked me from the second floor *scratch head* Definitely not this many though.

11. CthuluIsSpy

Dec 20, 2011
    Yeah, on the second floor it's possible, but I've never seen them reach the roof.

12. Makta

Makta The DICKtator

Jul 29, 2010
    When they got up by the first stairs i blew a few up with a nade... So they were even more than in the picture. Like 3-4 more.

The only mod out of the 3 i got that is working is stalker complete 2009. Didn't bother to fix the other 2.

Nope.

13. Makta

Makta The DICKtator

Jul 29, 2010
    And i give up! Gonna try COP instead since 2 bug decided to occur at the same time in the same zone ruining 2 quests for me and giving me my first failed one aswell!

Yes i am "that" kind of guy >:|

And i'm quite annoyed that some quest marks never goes away even if you have done that querst and the parts following it.

Edit: Was thinking of trying some multiplayer but after watching a youtube clip and the ammount of people online.. Fuck that :shock:

14. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    It's really weird that the game is so intensely buggy for you. I barely had any problems in SoC, even vanilla.

15. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Alpharius oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010

Me neither.

The only real 'bug' I experienced in the game, if that was a bug at all, was about the PDA. It failed to show much information, sticking only to those related to 'main quest'. Additionally, it sometimes gave off some messages a bit too early in the story, so I had an in-game spoiler (lulz).

I didn't really play the game in the 'usual' order, visiting some areas earlier than developers though I would, so that could be the cause.

16. Tagaziel

Tagaziel Panzerkatze Staff Member Admin Orderite

Dec 10, 2003
    STALKER's best (and worst) feature is that it gets a heart the moment it finds a single file out of order. Hey, the FN2000 grenade launcher SFX is missing? OMGIAMDYINGOHNO.

It does, however, has the courtesy to produce a very detailed crash dump that points out which file caused the crash. That's more polite than most games on the market.

17. CthuluIsSpy

Dec 20, 2011
    I once got the infinite radiation bug while exploring that anomaly filled tunnel in garbage. I was not amused. Fortunately I had a save handy.

18. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    Have you atleast visited the underground Laboratories? They're the best part of SoC, IMO.

19. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Alpharius oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010

Infinite?
    I don't think that's a bug. If we're thinking about the same place (SoC), there's a tunnel in the starting area which is supposed to a real hotspot. I only got into it later in game, when I got some better armor, if I recall correctly. It was high radiation, very high, but not infinite.

20. Makta

Makta The DICKtator

Jul 29, 2010
    Decided to start a new game in hope of not having a few of the bugs i got so far.. 10 minutes later i had the bug you are talking about for the first time in the middle of the first bandit camp AND 2 quest markers that decided to not go away even if the mission was complete.. alt + f4 -_-

I have cleared every part up to Prip i think. And yes they where quite awesome compared to the bland "normal" parts of the game. Especially the zombie one even if it was short.

I got radiation at a high rate even if there is no radiation in the are i was in. Only happened once tho.