Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Return of the Jedi

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • The Force Awakens

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

Throatpunch

Banned
I am a big Star Wars fan and have watched all the movies. I am just buying some books too, the Force Awakens visual dictionary, Dark Tide 2 Ruin, the Force Awakens novelization and the Imperial Commanders Handbook.

Any other fans?

Last edited:
Huge Star Wars fan. I've got, dunno, probably two dozen EU books (most of them at my parent's house, though).
Favourite movie is Empire Strikes Back, because what else.

I remember watching A New Hope from the telly as a kid, I just remember really liking it. Empire and Return were good too but I actually don't remember as much of them. They would have probably worked better if seen in the cinema. I should really re-watch Return since I barely remember anything of it. The prequels were just...meh. Maybe I just got too old for the series. A New Hope still has some magic left IMHO.

I haven't yet seen the latest one but have read a little bit of it from other sources.

We had Episode 4-6 on VHS back then (recorded from TV, so no Special CGI Bantha Poodoo Bullshit) and I watched them to death. Well, they weren't "Episode 4-6" back then, neither.

I am a big Star Wars fan and have watched all the movies. I am just buying some books too, the Force Awakens visual dictionary, Dark Tide 2 Ruin, the Force Awakens novelization and the Imperial Commanders Handbook.

Any other fans?

Although technically non canon now, the earth name books were really good. I recommend them.

The Thrawn Trilogy (and all other books by Timothy Zahn) are pretty much required reading, really.

We had Episode 4-6 on VHS back then (recorded from TV, so no Special CGI Bantha Poodoo Bullshit) and I watched them to death. Well, they weren't "Episode 4-6" back then, neither.

I didn't have them on VHS. Later when we got VCR I was mostly into standard action movies.

I thought all that bloat from the "remastered" versions of the OT was stupid like a screen full of dinosaur ass or the horrifying CGI Jabba. I want the unaltered originals but actually remastered.
Exactly. Like, find the original film rolls and rescan them. Too bad that probably won't happen...

Well, for some reason i have pretty fond memories of the prequels (droid fan), as those being my first Star Wars movies.
Hell, i was born a while after my parents were watching Ep. 1, they had to leave becouse of me :p.

IMO the prequel trilogy was shit. I found clone wars and revenge of the sith way to serious and complicated for space cowboys/ultimate good vs evil playoff.
Some parts of phantom menace were good.

Of the Star Wars - themed games the ones I remember playing and enjoying are the KOTOR's. There are others out there too but I just haven't gotten around to them.

Hmm, just remembered one thing. When I was a kid, I visited a small kind of super market in the town I was living in. They had a toy section and someone over there had made a pretty good Lego Death Star, about a meter across. It was pretty impressive, I still remember it. And I remember the official SW toys, didn't get any of those although they looked cool.

My favourite SW game is probably TIE Fighter, TIEd with Jedi Knight 2 and Battlefront 2, maybe.

Tie Fighter was darn good, kinda hard to top that one. I was a big fan of Dark Forces even if it was a doom rip :D

I'm currently going through KOTOR, it's pretty enjoyable.
But yeah, I really like Empire Strikes Back, even if I've seen Return of the Jedi more.

For me it goes
Empire> Return> Force Awakens> New Hope>>>>>Revenge of the Sith>>>>>>>>>>>Phantom Menace>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(*100) Attack of the Clones

Back