Starfield

Are you going to be a Bethesdafag?

• Yes.

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • No.

Votes: 34 59.6%
  • I am a hypocrite.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • I like to whine a lot about things I am the reason for sucking.

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters

Ediros

Water Chip? Been There, Done That
So, they showed off a trailer. I can see skyrim in it. The same textures, the same characters, the same style as notFallout 4. I wonder if we will have spaceships flying backwards?

As for the story? You're the space cthulu or descendant of one and must save the galaxy from evil aliens. At least, that's what I expect + few other things like: Thieves Guild, but in space. Assasin guild, but in space! Werewolves, but in space! With Emil at the helm, they won't get better than 4 or 76 for that matter.

looks like they're doing the "ancient precursor alien race that left behind handwavium technology." a shame because otherwise it looked like relatively hard sci fi stylistically

I despise these trailers that show literally nothing and just spew empty bullshit that mean nothing for the final product.

Maybe there ahs been other stuff shown that I haven't seen, but I don't see anything Skyrim in this yet. It's the same engine iirc so I'm sure it will have a familiar lookfeel to it once we have it. I'd like to see what there is of the actual game soon. This and Beyond Good & Evil 2 are the two games I'm looking forward to the most. Hopefully the devs can make them enjoyable enough.

Edit:
The industrial design for the game also looks good so far. Not really surprising though.

Last edited:
At least it's a new IP, and not yet another game that takes a big dump on a long running beloved franchise. If it ends up being shit, and most likely will, it's really whatever. It's par for the course, but this time you don't have the emotional baggage.

Trailer didn't really say anything, I still have no idea what the game is.
Honestly, I'm curious about the game. It's on my watchlist as something that could go in either direction.

The thing that adds points to it is that it's s brand new universe for Bethesda to play in. So there isn't any pre established lore or characters to screw up, they have a clean slate
And with Fallout 4 being less than amazing and the whole 76 debacle, they get one chance at a redemption story in the eyes of the public.

As it stands, I hope Bethesda can deliver. I've seen greater turn arounds before and Bethesda... While shit, are less shit than other developers and publishers. Really the biggest mistake they made was with F76, and as funny as that was, it could be attributed to Bethesda just trying something that was always going to work against them.

Haha, and the very first thing they show is someone climbing a ladder.

What a nothing trailer.
I have no idea what the hell the game is about.

But what I do remember is how a bunch of features had to be cut from Skyrim because they desperately wanted to release the game on 11-11-11 so this one is slated for 11-11-22 huh? Can't stop beating a dead horse even with a new IP it seems.

Was hoping for a gameplay showcase. Still more than a year away too.

Starting to feel like there are problems.

They should have kept this quite for longer similar to Fo4. Announce it a year before release, or something. Not this soon. Apparently they are also doing work on TES6 too? Looks like they have over 400 employees. not sure how they divides up into game devs and how many are working on each project.

At least it's a new IP, and not yet another game that takes a big dump on a long running beloved franchise. If it ends up being shit, and most likely will, it's really whatever. It's par for the course, but this time you don't have the emotional baggage.

Actually Norzan, I hope this turns out to be shit as this is Todd's little pet project. Watching it fail and people telling Todd it is a big pile of crap is something he deserves to experience.

I am starting to hope it's shit and it turns into a media circus in the same vein as Fallout 76. Specially because Bethesda can go fuck itself. If there's a company that doesn't deserve a "bounce back", it's Bethesda.

They should have kept this quite for longer similar to Fo4. Announce it a year before release, or something. Not this soon. Apparently they are also doing work on TES6 too? Looks like they have over 400 employees. not sure how they divides up into game devs and how many are working on each project.
The sudden reveal of Fallout 4 after radio silence made sense as it was highly anticipated with a large preexisting fan base. Starfield has no existing fanbase beyond people who like Bethesda in general. They need to actively get out and build anticipation, whereas for Fallout the silence just whips up the fanboys into a frenzy. Plus I imagine that going into 2020 they probably anticipated that they would have something substantive to show off by 2021, but COVID fucked them up, but they still needed something

I anticipate that there will be a drip-drop of information. Screenshot here, an interview where Todd exaggerates features there to build up hype. Then probably something meaty a few weeks before E3, and Todd does the big show.

Also I'm calling it now, there's going to be some kind of megacringe cross promotion with Elon Musk

Been saying that for some time now.
But there is an expression here in the Netherlands that translates something like "Weed doesn't die".
Basically, how much failures the company will experience, it won't die.

The sudden reveal of Fallout 4 after radio silence made sense as it was highly anticipated with a large preexisting fan base. Starfield has no existing fanbase beyond people who like Bethesda in general. They need to actively get out and build anticipation, whereas for Fallout the silence just whips up the fanboys into a frenzy. Plus I imagine that going into 2020 they probably anticipated that they would have something substantive to show off by 2021, but COVID fucked them up, but they still needed something

I anticipate that there will be a drip-drop of information. Screenshot here, an interview where Todd exaggerates features there to build up hype. Then probably something meaty a few weeks before E3, and Todd does the big show.

Also I'm calling it now, there's going to be some kind of megacringe cross promotion with Elon Musk
I'd think a year would be enough, no? I have no idea how game marketing works, but a year is quite awhile.

I am starting to hope it's shit and it turns into a media circus in the same vein as Fallout 76. Specially because Bethesda can go fuck itself. If there's a company that doesn't deserve a "bounce back", it's Bethesda.
Can't say I want another studio to go bust that once made awesome games just for spite sake. Especially after what's happened to Bioware and Obsidian. Nah, I'd rather they right the ship instead, or at least do a bit better than they did with Skyrim.

Can't say I want another studio to go bust that once made awesome games just for spite sake. Especially after what's happened to Bioware and Obsidian. Nah, I'd rather they right the ship instead, or at least do a bit better than they did with Skyrim.

They don't deserve another chance. The sooner Bethesda goes belly up, the sooner the IPs it holds hostage are freed from it.

So Ubisoft, or some Microsoft created studio like 343 can get them? Nah. What once was wont be again. Maybe this will be true for Bethesda soon too? What exactly have they done to not deserve another chance anyways? This is just an odd attitude to me. If they have the vision and the will then hopefully they succeed. If not, too bad.

Back