TALKING HEADS!

Earth

Vault Senior Citizen
I'm a weirdo who likes looking at pictures and want a place where I can look at these pictures anytime together. Basically I just want to use this thread in a similar fashion to a soundtrack compilation. I can't get enough of the old graphics and character designs. This is mainly a Fallout/Fallout 2 talking head thread, but if there's any characters you like from other games (yes, even Bethesda ones) feel free to post.

If I miss any please post them. And feel free to post faces with different emotions, like when they're smiling or angry. I'm going for fairly large images, just copy-pastin' them, so if you find appropriate images post 'em. I apologise for the varying quality of each image.

SPOILER WARNING. There's nothing specifically "spoiler-y" about these images but if you haven't played the original Fallout's and don't want characters (especially later plot-related ones) spoiled then it might be an idea to avoid this thread.

latest

latest

FO01_NPC_Killian_G.png

Aradesh.png

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

Q2Cl_.png

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

Honestly, Talking Heads were awesome. Its ashame newer Fallout fans will never know the joy of finding them.

Yeah I love stuff like this. It's such a delight to run into voiced characters. Just made such a huge change from the mundane NPC models.

I will say I did get a similar feeling when running into voiced characters on Fallout New Vegas. It's not quite the same as you don't really get to see a beautifully crafted talking head, but it's great when you realise it is a newly voiced character (after sifting through hundreds of NPCs with the same voices).

Huh, that's strange. When I first posted this all the pics were around the same size. Now a number of them have shrunk. Weird.

I've never seen all the Talking Heads side by side before, I have to say the ones from Fallout 2 look much worse than the ones from Fallout, with the exception of Marcus.

I've never seen all the Talking Heads side by side before, I have to say the ones from Fallout 2 look much worse than the ones from Fallout, with the exception of Marcus.

I don't think there's really a drop in quality between the two games, but I am shocked by how few talking heads there are in Fallout 2 compared to Fallout, considering the size of the game.

I don't think there's really a drop in quality between the two games, but I am shocked by how few talking heads there are in Fallout 2 compared to Fallout, considering the size of the game.
That's one of the things that I disliked about Fallout 2. Where were the talking heads?

Honestly, Talking Heads were awesome. Its ashame newer Fallout fans will never know the joy of finding them.
Almost every NPC dialogue in FO3/FNV is like a talking head (fixed in front of the NPC you're talking to and fully voiced). Guess when something is widely, universally available, people take it for granted. :\

Last edited:
I see a picture of one handsome fellow up there, I sure hope some vault dweller doesn't blow up his base like they did to mine....

Back