The Guns and Ammo Thread

Kalessin

First time out of the vault
Just curious to see who on the forum enjoys the wonderful world of gun ownership. Please post your firearms and if you've actually named them as well then go ahead and post that too :)

mine are:
Ylena - Yugoslavian 59/66 SKS
Natalya - Russian M91/30 Mosin Nagant
Elise - British Enfield No 4 Mk 1
Rosie - Ruger P97

hopefully soon to come:
Grace - M1 Garand

Texas... What a surprise.

Anyways, I don't own a gun, although I intend to get a pistol at some point.

I own a battle ready katana that I am somewhat competent with (I won't pretend to be GOOD with live steel) and I keep it next to my bed. Not as good as a gun, but better than a bat for home defense.

Fucking hell! America is even more screwed up then i thought... I new pistols were availible, and even machine pistols, but those were some really high powered rifles of their time! Wow.

ImmaginiProdottiBeretta%5C1%5C24_elenco.jpg

Beretta silver pigeon, strictly used for hunting.

I own a battle ready katana that I am somewhat competent with (I won't pretend to be GOOD with live steel) and I keep it next to my bed. Not as good as a gun, but better than a bat for home defense.

That's a joke, right? Seriously, I'd stick with a trusty baseball bat over a "battle ready" katana.

I'm not a gun owner, but I do intend on buying a rifle sometime in the next year and a pistol soon after. I used to shoot rifles and shotguns recreationally with friends, and I'm a pretty good shot. I'd like to get back into it. The pistol would be for recreational shooting as well, but I suppose the self/home-defense aspect of it is nice too.

I'm not really sure what kind of rifle I'll buy. Nothing too fancy. As far as pistols go I'm pretty much set on the HK USP 40SW. I've fired one before, and I really dig it. It's a toss-up between that and a more traditional Colt .45, which I really like because I'm cheesy. The Colt .45 is just one of those guns America has really managed to romanticize.

Texas... What a surprise.
Hell yeah. Although I have to say that even though Texas is synonymous with guns, our gun laws are actually stricter than several other states. Correct me if I'm wrong Malkavian, but doesn't Virginia have a policy concerning handguns that they can be freely carried in the open? Almost makes me want to move there :)

Fucking hell! America is even more screwed up then i thought... I new pistols were availible, and even machine pistols, but those were some really high powered rifles of their time! Wow.
I have to correct you on the machine pistols. MPs are only legal with a Class 3 Federal Firearm License, which is damn near impossible to obtain as one must go through very extensive paperwork, fees, and whatever else the ATF wishes. Of course it can be argued that certain versions of these guns can be sold without the license, but it is semi-auto only and the barrel length is greatly extended to the point that the gun essentially becomes a carbine rather than an MP. True my rifles are powerful, but there's nothing wrong with that. The way I see it, 30 caliber is a pretty ideal all-purpose round for any defense situations.

no guns here, but i intend to get one once i've got a steady job (a poor lil' student can't just throw money out the window for stuff like that).

it'll probably be an FN P9-M (or at least the Browning civi version). i've always been a fan of FN. i guess it's national pride... sturdy, reliable, nice capacity, belgian craftsmanship. mostly recreational of course, as i dont have any feeling of 'insecurity'.

i'm pretty much a one hander. i'm a good shot with most pistols. i've tried a bunch: sig sauers, s&w, glocks, HK,... i guess the only downside to the FN P9 is the lack of stoppingpower of the 9mm round, but that doesnt really bother me since it's recreational anyway...

I have a Sig 220, I wanted a 1911, but with my small hands Sig's .45 works out much better, the slide release is far easier to reach. I also have a .38 airweight (S&W 637) that I carry when I'm not wearing some form of jacket, which is pretty much the only way to conceal the Sig. I have also a Desert Eagle that usually stays in my glovebox, I originally bought it in .50AE but soon figured out it's a rediculous round and bought the .357 mag conversion kit for it, I almost never recalibre it back to .50 unless I really want to mangle a coyote or can. Finally for pistols, I have a .30 carbine revolver which rarely leaves my house, it's very old, passed down from my uncle.

Other guns I own are a Remington 700 Sendara in .300 Win Mag, which has served me very well as a hunting rifle, I've never had a dissappointing season with it. Others complain it's too heavy and powerful, but I've never had a problem with recoil dispite my size and weight. A DSA SA58 (civilian knockoff of the FN FAL) which I love to shoot with since it's a fairly accurate and very powerful semi-auto. A Remington 870 Express 12ga, for traps and fowl. And finally, a Ruger10 (very trusty .22LR) for fun, plinking, squirrels, rabbits, chihuahuas...

My next planned purchase is a semi-auto shotgun, probably a Super Black-Eagle or the new one from Beretta, I forget the name though it has something to do with Extreme which is a word I hate hearing marketed, though I intend to look closer at the two when it come close to buying time.

What is that about the whole home defense and self defense thing anyway?
Is there now institution called "police" in your home town? :wink:
I never felt insecure at home, I could never imagine placing a weapon of any kind next to my bed. Neither my grandparents, who live in the worst part of the city with the highest immigrant and crime rate, could.
Nobody I know owns a gun.

My father used to carry a Heckler & Koch P 10 with him five days a week, now it is a Walther P99. But since those are property of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia, it does not count. He never owned a gun himself.

I have a PSE XLR 43'' 62lbs reflexive compound bow. Does that apply?

I want to get a permit but laziness and the mandatory expensive training class you have to take in Massachusetts keep me from actually going through with it. Combine that with the fact that I'm more scared of MA's stupid laws and justice system than I am of actual criminals and I don't know if I'll ever actually get one.

PhredBean said:
I have also a Desert Eagle that usually stays in my glovebox, I originally bought it in .50AE but soon figured out it's a rediculous round and bought the .357 mag conversion kit for it, I almost never recalibre it back to .50 unless I really want to mangle a coyote or can.
one of the most overrated guns ever...
.50 AE & .44 DE's are impressive, but kick like an angry mule and are bulky like an elephant :)

sure makes you feel cool though ;)
PhredBean said:
A DSA SA58 (civilian knockoff of the FN FAL) which I love to shoot with since it's a fairly accurate and very powerful semi-auto.
FN FAL must rival the AK47 in amount of licenses and knockoffs produced ^^
pretty nice gun overall [/pride]
PhredBean said:
thats quite an impressive arsenal indeed... what do you intend to use the semi auto shotty for? hunting?

hope i never piss you off btw ;)

SuAside said:
one of the most overrated guns ever...
.50 AE & .44 DE's are impressive, but kick like an angry mule and are bulky like an elephant :)

sure makes you feel cool though ;)
All true, all of it all too true. It's one of those purchases you look back on often, asking yourself what you were thinking.
thats quite an impressive arsenal indeed... what do you intend to use the semi auto shotty for? hunting?

Found the video for the Xtrema2, the Beretta shotgun I mentioned: This guy's accent couldn't fit the stereotypes better. Also, to answer your question, I love trap shooting and my pump-shotgun is a little slow for multiple traps. Besides, who knows when the day comes zombies will rise to plague the earth?

Member of Khans said:
What is that about the whole home defense and self defense thing anyway?
Is there now institution called "police" in your home town? :wink:
I never felt insecure at home, I could never imagine placing a weapon of any kind next to my bed. Neither my grandparents, who live in the worst part of the city with the highest immigrant and crime rate, could.
Nobody I know owns a gun.

My father used to carry a Heckler & Koch P 10 with him five days a week, now it is a Walther P99. But since those are property of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia, it does not count. He never owned a gun himself.

I have a PSE XLR 43'' 62lbs reflexive compound bow. Does that apply?

I've had people break into two different houses I have lived in. In addition, I have had my car broken into. I know people all the time in the area who get mugged and so on here at college in lovely Worcester.

Police? Well my godfather is a police Lt. but to be honest, it is nice to feel safe and take defense into your own hands as well. Calling a police officer hardly does anything when someone has already entered your living room or someone comes at you drunk and carrying a knife or worse. Maybe it is a different mentality, but I grew wanting to be responsible for those around me as well as myself, and to protect them the best I can. I'd still call the police, but having a firearm, studying martial arts and so on is not insane, it is common sense. I like to be prepared for whatever happens, and not just sit back blithely and assume everything will be all right. Thus, when I can I intend to buy firearms yes but for now we have several in the house (mostly in the safe). Unless of course you mean antique weaponry, in which case we also have all sorts of stuff from the Renaissance era and beforehand. I *do* have a hand crossbow with a heavy pull though, heh.

SuAside said:
do you feel lucky punk? now, do you?

don't try to look cool in front of a mirror with a loaded .44 please...

As was stated in the article, no one likes a wallhacker.

my dad owns a .44 caliber
model629PP.jpg

Beretta
Beretta%2013CH.jpg

this is an air-bb gun~ so... its not the real stuff...

then also i dunno where he got it, but he got this mini 3 bullet gun~ lol~ so funny... but its lame as hell... u aim straight ahead and the bullet will hit either the right or left wall, or the floor.. or just go up into sky... no calibration... weird~ lol

Ancient M91/30 Mosin Nagant
I own two of these. One I keep for general use, the other I essentially learned how to shoot with, and it always has held a special place in my heart.

Soviet made SVT-40
This one I use almost exclusively for Reenacting/Living History. I don't like it as much as some people do, but its an OK weapon.

Russian made AKM-47
Produced in 1969, its old and heavy, and I prefer its solid base much more then the newer folding stock nonsense. I have another more recent version, but I don't like it as much.

Russian made MP443
This one was issued to me, as a sort of consolation prize for getting the shit kicked out of me at a road check point. Its a 9mm, but I have never really cared for it.

US made M1911A1
If ever the term Bad Mother Fucker could be applied to anything I own, its this gun. Technically I have joint ownership of this, but that does not diminish how pleased I am to have it around.

US made Springfield1861
This I sort of picked up by accident. I don't use, I probably never really will.

Kalessin said:
Correct me if I'm wrong Malkavian, but doesn't Virginia have a policy concerning handguns that they can be freely carried in the open? Almost makes me want to move there :)

Indeed, it's not uncommon to see people carrying handguns on their belts, especially where I live.

I don't own a pistol because im poor and can't afford it but when i get some money i plan on getting a 1911.

For now it's just my trusty Browning Auto-5
Picture017.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Back