The Infamous Kotaku Article, Covering Fallout 4's Script Leak.

TheKingofVault14

Fallout Fan For Life!
10 years ago from today, a draft of Fallout 4's script was leaked to The Internet, which was then covered extensively in an article done by Kotaku.

Keep in mind that this was during the time of that well put together hoax, a hoax known as TheSurvior2299.
When that was proven to be false, a lot of people were skeptical of the legitimacy of these leaks. Of course now we all know how on point these were!

Here's the original article in question:
Screenshot_20231210-042032_1_1.png

https://kotaku.com/leaked-documents-reveal-that-fallout-4-is-real-set-in-1481322956

And here's some pictures of the leaked script:
g15n7XV.png

XUJLJ08_1.png

So yeah, does anyone remember these leaks? And at the time, do you believe them to be real & credible? :confused:

For me, I was on the fence in regards to these leaks. On one hand, some of the info presented in the article seemed legit. And on the other hand looking back, I was in complete denial & assumed that it's all fake, I couldn't accept the concept of a voiced protagonist at the time. Well, now I know. WE ALL KNOW NOW!

:-D :roll:

Oh and one more thing, I think it was in one of the documentaries by Noclip that was covering one of Bethesda's games. At one point in the documentary, this particular incident was mentioned, and a few members of the team at Bethesda discuss it briefly. And even though they were trying to keep a professional demeanor during the interview, you can tell based on their body language & facial expressions that they're still salty about it. Understandably so, I mean I bet that was a HUGE deal at the office during that time. But for me, it's flipping hilarious to see them trying to keep a brave face while discussing it, "Oh yeah, we're totally over that. It's all in the past... NOT!"

:roffle: :roffle: :rofl:

I was in denial as well. A voiced protagonist? Bethesda would never! I was so naive back then.

Not too long after this there was a leak revealing that the next Mass Effect game would take place in the Andromeda galaxy. I didn’t believe that either.

I’ve since come to the conclusion that the dumber the leak sounds, the more likely it is to be true.

Here's our news post from the time. And here's another thread about it.

Interesting to go back to things like this, I didn't even remember.

Last edited:
Fusion core powered laser musket? That would have been a way better idea than the power armor.

Laser musket was a goofy weapon design made to fit the goofy minutemen Bethesda came up with. Atleast for me, I don't care for the idea, the design, or the gameplay it has. Making it use different ammo just doesn't seem like a better idea than the power armor to me.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you all are referring to.

Chasing around for more useless power cores was pure yawnography, boring , boring fast asleep I'm snoring.
I rejigged mine with 2 mini sun fusion batteries made by Duracell ™

My rifle mod initially uses one cell for one [powerful] shot. With modification via plasma rifle parts, the rifle gains more shots per cell; faster shots, though they are less powerful.

My rifle mod initially uses one cell for one [powerful] shot. With modification via plasma rifle parts, the rifle gains more shots per cell; faster shots, though they are less powerful.

I'm sure your mod works perfectly well Giz. My annoyance was using the power armour in FO4. I parked my armour(s) up in various locations fed up with running out of power. I am that good I can run around in ladies dresses and still shoot 'em up :P

Back