The New Thief and System Shock 2 Patches

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by UniversalWolf, Sep 30, 2012.

1. UniversalWolf

UniversalWolf eaten by a grue.

Aug 28, 2005
    I know there are some fans of these old Dark Engine games around here. I personally bought Thief 1, 2, and 3 not too long ago.

Several days ago an unidentified person or persons released new patches for Thief 1 and 2, and System Shock 2. They're amazing. The engine is completely updated for modern hardware. Virtually all bugs have been squashed, and the games look and sound better than ever, and run faster too. It's really quite impressive, and the mystery of how the patches were released is super nifty, so I thought I'd mention it here in case anyone else is interested.

2. aenemic

aenemic Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Jun 4, 2008
    gosh, now I might have to replay System Shock 2 yet again.

so where is this patch to be found?

3. Courier

Courier Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Orderite

Apr 10, 2011
    Do you have a link?

4. aenemic

aenemic Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Jun 4, 2008
  5. Jebus

Jebus Background Radiant
    Orderite

Jan 29, 2004
    "They" should do a re-make of SS2 like Black Mesa did for Half-Life.

6. Multidirectional

Multidirectional Mildly Dipped

Sep 12, 2008
    It was released for Thief 2 and System Shock 2, but it already has been integrated into latest TFix for Thief 1. Works like a charm.
    Latest SS2Tool also has it now.

7. sea

sea Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 5, 2009
    Come back in 8 years. :P

8. OakTable

OakTable Vault Senior Citizen

Nov 26, 2009
    Le Corbeau, huh? Means "The Crow" in French, right? Hmm, I wonder if this is connected to Arkane Studios? They've got some Looking Glass Studios members in their dev team IIRC and the main character of their game Dishonored is called Corvo, which also means 'crow'.