The Redhead Thread

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Aqui, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Gr1m Reaper

Gr1m Reaper Because I look like death

Jun 8, 2010
    So Ghouly when is she gonna be finished then.

2. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Next century... :look:

3. Jotisz

Jotisz Mildly Dipped

Aug 28, 2007
    Would be good to see progress on the readhead especially now that she has an awesome image. Probably a bigger workforce would speed things up sadly I'm quite busy with my testings things but I'm able to do 1-2 frms would be willing to do more, but can't.

4. Ghouly89

Ghouly89 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 14, 2010
    Probably what Pixote said. I have no time to work on her ATM :(

5. II Snake II

II Snake II First time out of the vault

Aug 21, 2010
    Well, because Fallout: New Vegas ? :mrgreen: This game is just huge, it's superior to Fallout 2 for me (and I played at all Fallout games dice them release, even Fallout: BOS but my favorite Fallout is Fallout 1).

So take your time, we can wait with LionXavier drawing and Fallout: New Vegas ^^ ! I even made a new avatar and a new sign for the tribute, the Van Buren son is so awesome !

Good luck for the works Ghouly !

6. Aqui

Aqui Guest

Next century actually sounds comforting.

I have very limited time to work on it as well. One direction of a single FRM every two-three days is all I can manage.

Good news, Vault suit dagger animations are only two directions from being finished =)

7. John B.

John B. Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Sep 24, 2010
    Next century? I expect this to be done LAST century

8. memetics

memetics ☢ Mysterious Stranger ☢

Jan 2, 2009
    lol - way to motivate people, John B. :lol: I'm glad you don't have a cat o' nine tails handy! (But I'm keeping my eye on you, just in case!)

Great work on the vault girls, LionXavier! You da man. :clap: The redhead came out great, and I especially like the brunette with the two highlight lines; looks excellent in scale. Keep up the great work :-)

-m

9. jasper

jasper First time out of the vault

Jan 21, 2011
    So, what status is this in currently?

My girlfriend is really waiting for this to be completed, and it just breaks my heart seeing that this has dropped down to page 6 (or something)

So, any update? A loose timeline? Anything?

Thanks for your work on this while i'm at it - she looks very good! :)

10. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Ghouly is currently working on Mutants Risings stuff, so Miss Red Head is waiting quietly in the Cafe of Dreams... :roll:

11. x'il

x'il Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Mar 3, 2009
    Cafe of Broken Dreams you meant, right? (just a 'typo' fix... :look:)

12. jasper

jasper First time out of the vault

Jan 21, 2011
    Oh I see.

I wonder, what it would take for someone to help out on this project while ghouly is gone?

If that someone ever visits Sweden, then the beer is on me :D

So... hey pixote :D How you doin? Busy lately? :hide:

13. Ghouly89

Ghouly89 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 14, 2010
    Sorry guys, I won't be able to pick her up (hehe :wiggle: ) until later this year. Maybe in a few months, at best. :(

Though, I haven't forgotten about her, and if any people have questions about helping with animations, just ask / PM me :wink:

14. Aqui

Aqui Guest

It's been years, but I'm picking this mod again.

15. hexer

hexer It's PJ! Modder

Dec 7, 2013
  16. HatchetHound

HatchetHound First time out of the vault

Feb 6, 2014
    It's not really the same thing, though.

17. hexer

hexer It's PJ! Modder

Dec 7, 2013
    OK, but they're not *that* different. If anyone's willing to spend years perfecting the look of a couple of pixels be my guest. :twitch:

18. GlowHound

GlowHound Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 12, 2008
    I'm of the opinion that there's a world of difference. It's not that the 3D models aren't good, it's that they don't fit in with the world and people around them, and it's really...off-putting.

If Aqui wants to continue, I don't think they should be discouraged just because someone else did something similar in a different style.

19. hexer

hexer It's PJ! Modder

Dec 7, 2013
    Yes but let's be realistic. The original Fallout 1 development started 20 years ago. Yes, 20 years ago. If anyone *really* wanted to finish Miss Redhead they would have done it 40 times by now. In the meantime you have no choice but to use Olympus' Miss Redhead.

I hold a grudge against Bethesda for not releasing the original FO 3D models for us modders. Actually, did anyone ask them to release them? If not, I'm going to do it. It's time to tell them we're killing ourselves by editing hundreds of individual images manually.

20. hexer

hexer It's PJ! Modder

Dec 7, 2013
    E-mail sent. Too bad I don't live in the USA. I would literally schedule a meeting to discuss their support for Fallout 1 /2 modders.
    I asked them to treat us the same way they treat FO3 / NV modders and release 3D models for Fallout 1 / 2. There.