Things Fallout 76 did right 2#: Survival Elements

Discussion in 'Fallout 76' started by CT Phipps, Dec 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. CT Phipps

CT Phipps Carbon Dated and Proud

Sep 17, 2016
    I think even Bethesda haters will agree that the survival elements of the game is something that really adds to the experience of Fallout--even if it's because Bethesda is just copying very popular fan mods here.

* Disease
    * Parasites
    * The constant need for water
    * The constant need for food
    * Health not recovering instantly but requiring time
    * Limited caps
    * Limited ammo.

In a better game, these elements would really contribute to a harsher and more unforgiving Wasteland. It's a constant search for dead animals and grilled radroach.

2. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite Board Cop oTO

Aug 16, 2010
    So basically just adding elements that have been in various mods and games. Given the current popularity of survival games it would have been seriously bad for them to botch these mechanics.

We're at the point where we praise Bethesda for making something basically working? What's your next part is going to be? "Things Fallout 76 did right 3#: It starts most of the time"?

• [Rad] [Rad] x 8
  3. Risewild

Risewild Antediluvian as Feck
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    Apart from diseases and parasites, Fallout New Vegas did that all with their Hardcore mode.
    Diseases already existed in Bethesda's Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim.

4. naossano

naossano So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Oct 19, 2006
    Can you actually die in Fo76 ? Do you lose your stuff ?

5. Risewild

Risewild Antediluvian as Feck
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    You lose your junk (yes, junk to craft with). You can respawn right next to where you die and collect it again, I think.