Unable to save changes in the BIS mapper

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Fic_Mon, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Fic_Mon

Fic_Mon First time out of the vault

Jun 27, 2020
    Hi, I recently started getting into Fallout modding, and after I followed this guide because I needed to edit an elevator stub (I have no idea what Coljack's guide meant in his guide by editing an elevator stub I, just assumed that i need to attach the elev01 script ) .
    After that I, changed my mapper config file by setting librarian to 1, and for some reason thought it would be a good idea to set show_tile_num to 1 i opened the mapper and couldn't save changes to any map.

This message appears whenever i press F8 to go into play mode or try to save a map (sometimes even in other maps.
    cant.png

2. Zorchar

Zorchar It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  3. Fic_Mon

Fic_Mon First time out of the vault

Jun 27, 2020
    I solved the problem days ago, I can't remember how i fixed it but I think unchecked readonly on the whole fallout2 folder.

4. Zorchar

Zorchar It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jun 18, 2018
    Great.

Keep in mind that the files suddenly became read-only(overwritten?). I think you should be careful when removing the read only from the files, because they may be overwritten once again. I think it happens if u keep files on not "read-only" state, and use the fallout2.exe.

Again, sorry for the misleading/vague warning, but I'm just saying because the first time I had the problem u described then I did the same as u did, and later I lost progress on modded maps.

Lexx gives an elegant solution to all that, plus other useful ways to organize your files: https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/how-to-set-up-a-fallout-2-mod-without-much-trouble.190725/