Underrail: Expedition - Out now!

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Proletären, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Proletären

Proletären Mildly Dipped

Mar 15, 2012

Underrail was released to great fanfare three and a half years ago. Today we see the release of the highly anticipated expansion pack Underrail: Expedition. There's also a new patch for the base game.

Expedition is a mid-game expansion and contains the following features:

Available on GoG and Steam.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  2. Norzan

Norzan Vault Senior Citizen

Apr 7, 2017
    Bought the base game on the Steam Summer Sale and have been waiting for the expansion to start playing.

3. Squadcar

Squadcar I'm spinning

Jun 1, 2018
    There wasn't shotguns in the normal game? This game is still on my backlog. I want to play it a lot but I'm also kinda terrified at how long it will take me. I like things to wrap up around 50 hours at max.

10 bucks for the expansion seems reasonable.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  4. naossano

naossano So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Oct 19, 2006
    Feels like it was released yesterday. Time flies...

5. mef

mef Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Dec 29, 2014
    well, the base game took me more than 60 hours to complete and i think i ran throught it rather hastily. i'd still give it a try though, i too don't like to spend more than 40-50 hours in a game but this one is really immersive and the time flew quickly

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. Paladin Hank

Paladin Hank It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 6, 2018
    This game took me around 120 hours to complete, and I enjoyed every second of it. Unfortunately, I do find UnderRail focuses on combat a bit too much, and I was unable to beat the game due to the end boss fight being nearly impossible. The ending is also slightly underwhelming. However I would still highly recommend it, and will certainly take a look at this recently released expansion.

7. Hulk'O'Saurus

Hulk'O'Saurus It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 10, 2018
    Yep... I will need to sink my teeth in that one soon.

EDIT: Excellent first impression! Raised level cap, whole new area I know nothing about, expanded world map, new magic school, new perks, new weapon types, speed-up-out-of-combat-option and I don't know what else even is in there.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  8. mef

mef Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Dec 29, 2014
    i'd say the ending was just bad, i mean the whole last segment of the game. a really disappointing way for such a great game to end.

you're right about focusing on combat, but it's justified, because combat in underrail is quite complex and well-made. i played a stealth-oriented character with no firearms or magic abilities and every fight was like a puzzle where i had to make a smart use of stealth, traps and explosives, lots of fun

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  9. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016
    I feel that this is appropriate to post seeing as it is about the expansion pack and the base game:

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  10. Proletären

Proletären Mildly Dipped

Mar 15, 2012
    The Underrail Thread can be found here if you want to discuss it further.

11. Stampedo

Stampedo First time out of the vault

Aug 17, 2011