Fallout 2 mod Unofficial MIB88 MegaMod Gameplay Help

RangerKarl

First time out of the vault
Silly question, but Vic mentioned something about schematics in Vault City somewhere, after he showed me how to make electronic lockpicks. Any clue as to where? PM if you don't want to tell in public.

Also, the "kill New Reno junkie" mission seems to be a dead end. The Cold Hearts guy is just so damn vague about it.

RangerKarl said:
Also, the "kill New Reno junkie" mission seems to be a dead end. The Cold Hearts guy is just so damn vague about it.

Maybe try actualy talking to some people in New Reno: He is there.

Hopefully by "some people" you don't mean any Salvatores. Waxed them all and old Bill ran away. Anyone else I can think of who'd talk about junkies who job out for one night stands don't seem to say anything about it. I'll probably go poke around Vault 14 first.

RangerKarl said:
Hopefully by "some people" you don't mean any Salvatores. Waxed them all .
:twisted: :twisted: you will live to regret that hehe.

Trying looking on street corners or down dark streets man, thats where rent boys and prossies whore their wares.

MIB88 said:
Vic is only talking about the technical manual, not a new item. However, it does have a use unlike before.

As for the junkie, Dude101 is right (he better be, he helped create the thing!). Just ask around.

Oh, it's just the tech manual then? Darn, was hoping it'd be upgrade schematics for some weapons or something, lol. Right, right, I'll look in the corners.

And uh, is the Vault 15 keycard necessary for anything?

EDIT: Whoops, looks like I broke the mod. Again. Maybe I'll try this again next week....

Well I have finally gotten around to the EPA. It seems every time I turn around my skills button turns to a black square. It also likes to crash when going to the utility floor or whatever it was. This was after I got the power on. The game will crash and it continues to use up more and more memory. I can send you the saved game if you want. I had it using 1.5GB of ram/swap file.

But anyways, I would like a little direction from someone regarding the EPA. I have read the readme with the little spoiler... But I am stuck, I did the Doctor quests, got the generator runnign for power and fixed the 1 hologram. How do you fix the other ones. I have tried a few things and nothing is working. Any little tidbit of info would be nice. sci/repair are both at 136.

Thanks,
Ryan

But I am stuck, I did the Doctor quests, got the generator runnign for power and fixed the 1 hologram. How do you fix the other ones. I have tried a few things and nothing is working. Any little tidbit of info would be nice. sci/repair are both at 136.

spoilers:

I take it they are spewing random rubbish?

Try the rooms next to them for clues. One of the computers should have something for you.

Chris Parks said:
But I am stuck, I did the Doctor quests, got the generator runnign for power and fixed the 1 hologram. How do you fix the other ones. I have tried a few things and nothing is working. Any little tidbit of info would be nice. sci/repair are both at 136.

spoilers:

I take it they are spewing random rubbish?

Try the rooms next to them for clues. One of the computers should have something for you.

Damn that was fast. Yea I check them out. Coil interferance thing. What damn main frame is it? I am running through everything again, from the ground level down.

Ryan

Unpowered Electric Door in Klamath Sewer

Hmmm. . . My PC got into Klamath's sewer system. There is a door that will not open (has a workbench that may have some nice loot). It says that it is an electric door and that the PC is not strong enough to open it. Okay fine. There is electricity, since I got the crap zapped out of my PC.

Can the door be opened and if so, how do I insert tab A into slot B here? I have tried science and repair on the unpowered door to no effect.

Re: Unpowered Electric Door in Klamath Sewer

hackenberg said:
Hmmm. . . My PC got into Klamath's sewer system. There is a door that will not open (has a workbench that may have some nice loot). It says that it is an electric door and that the PC is not strong enough to open it. Okay fine. There is electricity, since I got the crap zapped out of my PC.

Can the door be opened and if so, how do I insert tab A into slot B here? I have tried science and repair on the unpowered door to no effect.

You need a tool or something for that. its been a while for me.

But I also need some help with the EPA again. Fixing the voice computer...I cant find it. And the game seems to be getting unstable. It randomly goes to a black screen when I change floors looking for this effing computer. I have to kill fallout2 as a process and restart the game. Its random, but it seems like the utility level is more frequent. I jsut want to finish the damn EPA map and go on my merry way.

Ryan

Re: Unpowered Electric Door in Klamath Sewer

MIB88 said:
xf69fs said:
Hmm great. Might as well delete it all and reinstall it. How the hell do these files get corrupted anyways? And could you at least tell me which level that voice computer is on? I am going bonkers.

No. Don't just delete it and start over. Learn how to fix it now, then you'll know how to deal with it later...and it will happen again. It just happens. The game wasn't originally meant to work like this. However, it will work right after you get rid of the bad files.

As for me helping you with the voice computer, pay attention here, in case you didn't believe me the other times I wrote it:
I...don't...give...gameplay...advice.

I know YOU dont give advice...maybe someone else can? At least a hint. Thats what we are here for right?

I will try fixing it in the morning. I need to setup another desk for a computer and vinyl printing and cutting machines....blah

Ryan

Ryan

Hi, I've been playing this mod lately. Pretty nice, but I don't think it's working quite right...

-There is no obvious way to refuel the vertibird.
-Nothing but Electronic Lockpick and Electronic Lockpick Mk II show up in the Mr Fixit dialog.
-None of the new locations other than Abbey appear.
-All children in the game are invisible.

The way I installed this was installing and patching Fallout 2, then installing the megamod, then the update with the newest timestamp (all files other than the normal patch from the NMA file repository).

How do I see the new locations and so forth, and how do I make kids be visible?

I_eat_supermutants said:
1. Find it
2. Find it
3. Find it
4. European version?

I couldn't have said it better myself! :D

@jtrainor: To get the kids into your game, just download and install the children patch from this site. It only adds art files, and will work fine with this mod. As I have stated earlier in this thread, I have already added the art files to the next version of the Megamod.
And as for not having anything show up in your Mr. Fixit screen, obviously you haven't learned how to do anything except make electronic lockpicks.

Question: how are you supposed to find the three Golden Gecko pelts the chief warrior in Arroyo wants?

I've been able to get one, from a random encounter of a group of trappers under attack.

I know where I am guaranteed to find them, if I go resuce Smiley.

The issue is time... it's not possible to get from Arroyo to that location and back in 12 days. By the time I got to Klamath (just a short stop at the Shack) it's late night on the 30th - that's where I currently am. I know it takes a minimum of four days to return, leaving me two days to find the pelts. With no side quests, resting or healing.

Is there anybody who sells Golden gecko pelts or something I'm missing?

I think He will thank you for it, I will post here with tip's and help for game play only.

Can you make a New Post at the top of the thread for it describing what it is for?

OK I have a real problem. Finally I got the three Golden Gecko pelts, come back to the village to discover nobody wants to speak to me. I have about one day to complete the warrior's quest but how do I get them to recognize it? I've exhausted pretty much all the dialog options and I don't have a clue why they think I cheated.

In another game I came randomly across a guy called Kaga who said (in popups during combat) he hated me and he was cast out because of me or something. I killed him. Has that got anything to do this?

How do I find him again so I can clear my name in the one day I have left of the warrior's quest?

My whole game so far has been aimed at getting those Gecko pelts and it would be really annoying to have it wasted.

Back