Unofficial Patch?

Discussion in 'Fallout 3 and New Vegas Modding' started by BigDuke66, Jan 18, 2010.

1. BigDuke66

BigDuke66 First time out of the vault

Feb 8, 2005
    I wonder if there is any mod the focuses on fixing bugs etc.(if there are still some left) like Killap did it for FO2.
    I have the GOTY Edition patched to 1.7

2. Hauptmann

Hauptmann First time out of the vault

Feb 7, 2009
    Well -> the unofficial fallout 3 patch. :P

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3808

If I'm correct, major overhaul mods (like FOOK2 1.0 or FWE 4.1) have some bug fixes for the vanilla F3 too. Might be wrong here thou.

There are some small fixes too on Nexus. Thou they are rather hard to find in all the numerous mods out there.

3. BR4ZIL

BR4ZIL Still Mildly Glowing

Feb 22, 2008
    belive me, there are.

too bad fallout 3 doesnt have united modding community (like we have here :P )

4. BigDuke66

Feb 8, 2005
    What worries me is
    "The Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch has been created for Fallout 3 v1.1 (english) or higher and should not be used with any other Fallout 3 versions\languages."

We are at 1.7 now so will that work at all?

5. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    I cannot personally confirm this, but I would say it should work. The text I bolded above implies that any version after patch 1.1 should also be compatible. I believe the biggest issue was using the patch with the original 1.0 release, which is why that text was added to the readme.

Honestly, there is no harm in trying as you can easily disable the patch.

6. BigDuke66

Feb 8, 2005
    OK thanks I'll try it.

7. Zumbs

Zumbs Lurking Swamp Thing

Oct 11, 2008
    It works fine with 1.7. If you use the Broken Steel DLC, you should get the Rivet City fix for the Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.