Various Questions on Who and What The Mysterious Stranger Is?

TheKingofVault14

Fallout Fan For Life!
You know there's a lot things that I've always wondered about The Mysterious Stranger, such as how come The Stranger is able to die in FO1 and 2 but not in FO3 and New Vegas?
(NOTE: The Stranger can actually die in FO4 but I won't count that one, because I'm talking about dying during combat, not through cheats or console commands.)

How come The Mysterious Stranger can be either a male or female depending on which gender you picked in FO1 and 2?

Why is The Mysterious Stranger a regular person in FO1 and 2, and then all of a sudden they're some kind of supernatural being in FO3, New Vegas, and 4?

Why does The Stranger's appearance change throughout the series?
Lumii_20220918_034812817.jpg

And I guess this counts as a follow up question, is it even the same person in each Fallout game?

Some questions that I don't even know if I'll ever get the answer to sadly. :cry:

The only things we know about The Stranger, is that it supposedly has a son looking for them in FONewVegas.

The Lonesome Drifter
Lonesome_Drifter.jpg

And that they're currently being investigated by Nick Valentine in FO4, which pretty much confirms The Stranger's existence (in-universe) and not a hallucination as some people have theorized.
Lumii_20220918_035039636.jpg

So what are your thoughts? What's your explanations on some of these questions on The Mysterious Stranger?

I always thought the one in the Beth games was a different guy personally. Anything talking about him in F4 is just like Harold turning into a tree. The Mysterious Stranger is just this guy...

102564.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought the one in the Beth games was a different guy personally. Anything talking about him in F4 is just like Harold turning into a tree. The Mysterious Stranger is just this guy...

102564.jpg

I just thought by the way he is dressed it was a 50's film noire detective. Like Humpty Gocart played.

But he appears and vanishes like magic so he is clearly one of the Mothership Zeta aliens.

I wanna put in a vote towards vampire. No reason really but he is for sure a vampire that can walk in the day.

They try to cash in on VTMB that's why for an old game it is fairly expensive. VTMB2 looked a major 4cup. Things which get classic cult status get it for a reason. Would a remake of those old 60's 70's classics like Bonanza or Bev Hillbillies get bettered ? I very much doubt it.

Bloodlines 2 is being made by purple haired dorks that know nothing about the source I wager. At least the news I heard last was dire...anyway the Stranger kinda reminded me of my main man...

upload_2022-9-20_15-7-17.jpeg

Bloodlines 2 is being made by purple haired dorks that know nothing about the source I wager. At least the news I heard last was dire...anyway the Stranger kinda reminded me of my main man...

View attachment 24973

A friend of mine on poker who worked for Ladbrokes as a moderator was Josey_Wales. A guy from Newcastle way, Goodtongue16 called Josey a ' Sheep shagger ' lol. He thought Josey was from Wales, hence the sheepshagger jibe

GT was thick as a brick who was a useless troll.

Back