Vault 87...how to enter ?

freakinclown

First time out of the vault
Hi ! I got a Problem with entering Vault 87.I free those Lamplight Kids from the Slavers (just like that without Quest,just blew the Slavers away),but when i talk to the Kids in Little Lamplight there are no Speechoptions about Vault 87,none with McCready,Joseph or anybody else....Is there a Quest or somethin before to get those Options ?

I do know if your in-game character hasn't actually discovered information about vault 87, the option will not be present

Great, seems like my game is broken :'(

I can't find dialogue options for entering Vault 87 from within Little lamplight either. There's none for McCready nor Joseph. I've talked about entering V87 with BoS and rescued those three kids from Paradise Falls.

McCready only tells me that he's no tour guide and Joseph keeps on telling about Murder pass.

Any other way in, or way to get those kids to spill the beans and open the damn doors via console command or something? Really don't feel like starting over and hope for a better luck.

Murder Pass is the way into Vault 87. Alternatively, if you've gotten Joseph to restore power to the computer terminal in Little Lampight, you can hack your way in through the back door.

Entering Vault 87

You have to get the quest to enter. There is a cave completely owned by children. To get into the camp you must have good speech or have to rescue some kids that got kidnapped by slavers.

When you get into the camp there are 2 ways to get into vault 87. through the super mutant infested caves or through a back door.

The back-door requires 50 repair and science skills at least and must talk to one of the kids about where it is.

Trying to go through the top entrance is impossible. It has so much radiation that death would be quick since a nuke directly hit it.

If you do get to the entrance it will not open.

Go through little lamplight and talk to macready and ask for permission. It's better to then find joseph and hack the terminal than go through murder pass.

From the wiki, "Before you can access Vault 87, you must complete The Waters of Life, a part of the main quest line, by speaking with Scribe Rothchild in the Citadel. You will then be sent there to recover the Garden of Eden Creation Kit also known as the G.E.C.K."

Have you progressed to this point in the main quest yet?

Back