Vault-Tec Workshop Pics

>building your own vault is the same as regular settlement building with a few new items.
So basically
gY3SySo.jpg

Well ...

At least they didn't completely half-ass it and just give us vault lego blocks to play with on the surface.

They still half-assed it by virtue that they've forgotten that a vault would give the main character PTSD flashbacks of their wife / husband / neighbor's ice pop grave at every waking moment. and for some reason I don't find the idea of the SS becoming a company man for people /ghouls that lied to him and destroyed his life very probable.

But, you know, hooray for the small miracles. \o/

Wow... so all it takes to gain control of a Vault for the DLC is to simply walk up to the front door, kill some people and as usual, accept the offerings from the extremely generous person living in the Commonwealth region.

They still half-assed it by virtue that they've forgotten that a vault would give the main character PTSD flashbacks of their wife / husband / neighbor's ice pop grave at every waking moment. and for some reason I don't find the idea of the SS becoming a company man for people /ghouls that lied to him and destroyed his life very probable.
I'll assume that this issue never pops up in conversations for the DLC.

Looks rather clunky and did they ever overhaul or upgrade the settlement mechanics? If they did not, plopping all those hallways and rooms will be a hassle to say the least on the vanilla controls.

I'm still debating if I want to sell Fallout 4 now and possibly buy something better or wait until the final DLC drops so I can see if there's any worth in this game.

I don't want to feel like I've wasted £25 and miss out on something that could be worthwhile.

But this DLC, if it doesn't have any ramifications on our character's mental health, then do I really care?
*sighs*
I'm just tired...

I'm sorry what? Is this a mod or DLC? because this appears to be repackaged content to me with no real value for extended game play.

"Build a vault, experiment to your hearts content, become the demon that failed the world an continue the atrocity against man." Does this make sense to anyone or does this feel completely out of character for any if not all Fallout games?

I'm sorry what? Is this a mod or DLC? because this appears to be repackaged content to me with no real value for extended game play.

"Build a vault, experiment to your hearts content, become the demon that failed the world an continue the atrocity against man." Does this make sense to anyone or does this feel completely out of character for any if not all Fallout games?

It sounds very out of place.
Even in terms of what the previous DLCs were like.

Automatron I can understand to a certain extent as that was was at least giving you a new companion.
It made sense and wasn't conflicting with our character's psyche.

But this, can we in all honesty regard this as canon?
How can it be?

This feels very wrong, all of it does.
It's almost as if Bethesda has no idea what anyone likes and so they just rip off popular mods.

Still, I look forward to the steam reviews.

It's clear that Bethesda doesn't think of Fallout as art, they think of it as a kids toy. Nothing really matters in their games. Lore schmore, is it FUN!? Will the KIDS buy it!? Doesn't matter if it makes sense. Doesn't matter if it is consistent with the setting or lore. Doesn't matter if it is even balanced. Nothing really matters. Question is; Can we streamline it more so that even the most retarded vegetable can play the game and can we make it full of fun distractions so that people will have 'fun'. That's Bethesda at this point. I enjoy watching fucked up films like Requiem For A Dream and they entertain me, but Bethesda is under the impression that the only way to entertain within gaming is if it is FUN! They forget that there are other means of entertainment and just shoehorn whatever idiotic ideas they have into Fallout for teh lulz.

Seriously, Bethesda, just turn it into Saints Row already and go balls to the walls cause it is clear you don't give a flying fuck about consistency anyway.

Not even surprised anymore.

"Vault Tec Workshop: A Near Perfect Fallout DLC!"

Bethesda hates Fallout fans. It is only explanation for this game. I can't believe people got paid for this abomination.

Last edited:
Honestly, it doesn't seem that bad to me.

It actually does seem fun, and it's only five dollars. Plus, the less time Bethesda works on Fallout 4 DLC, the more the next group (whether they'd be Obsidian, Arkane, whatevs) can work on Fallout 5.

Meh, I can sorta see some nutty ghoul still believing in Vault Tec. I'll have to play it to judge it, fully.

Honestly, it doesn't seem that bad to me.
I'm not surprised.
it's only five dollars.
Every Bethesda fanboy keeps saying this about every Workshop DLC, which now amounts to 50% of the Season Pass price, or $25.
So, wait... The overseer turned ghoul and has stayed in the vault for 210 years doing what? Fiddling herself furiously?
Overseer in the Fridge. The prequel to Kid in the Fridge. "Writers have fun ok? Not interested in realism in a post apoc game with talking mutants and zombies."

I would have more confidence in Fallout if it were in the hands of the Call of Duty developers rather than Bethesda at this point.

Last edited:
Plus, the less time Bethesda works on Fallout 4 DLC, the more the next group (whether they'd be Obsidian, Arkane, whatevs) can work on Fallout 5.
No, that's not how it works and where did you get the idea that Arkane could work on a potential Fallout sequel?

So, wait... The overseer turned ghoul and has stayed in the vault for 210 years doing what? Fiddling herself furiously?
Assuming that her vault never got the All Clear Signal, there's not much else she can do.

optimism is not a good source of ideas. It's mental masturbation at best if your ideas are not linked to real world possibilities.

Bethesda doesn't see that they've done anything wrong with this, as we can tell by the continued pattern of shitty nonsense workshop dlc, so there is exactly no reason to assume they'd have anyone else work on another Fallout game.

The whole "oh it's going to be a while as we work on Skyrim" deal is a thing of the past, since now they know they can shove out a complete hackjob of a game in a short time (they did not take 7 years to make this trash, contrary to their claims), call it a numbered Fallout sequel and sell squillions of copies to console users with the promise of awesum mods.

What would be the incentive for them to let some competent developer completely show them up again?

So the vault was built to test prototype exercise equipment before they would be released to the public. wat

It isn't necessary to build a vault that would last for hundreds of years just to test out new exercise equipment.

Optimism.
You're confusing optimism with rationalization.

Saying "It's only five dollars" is rationalizing being ripped off by the Season Pass. Saying "it's only 5 dollars" over and over with each workshop DLC until it adds up to half the season pass lol.

i would be more optimistic if Call of Duty developers make Fallout 5 instead of Bethesda. Seriously. That's how bad they screwed up fallout 4.

Back