Vault Tec Workshop

Discussion in 'Fallout 4' started by FranklinHorrigan, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Mr Fish

Mr Fish ...The pain of being dead...

Sep 11, 2010
    Well, that's another reason for me to stay uncool.
    At least they haven't ruined weird yet.

• [Like] [Like] x 4
  2. Erich van Loon

Erich van Loon Polish Winged Hussar

May 23, 2016
  3. Irwin John Finster

Irwin John Finster Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Nov 13, 2015
    In this age of snowflakes, having a realistic view of things is considered "toxic."

The game sucks - really, really bad - sorry if that shatters the rose-tinted glasses of those who would rather rationalize and pretend it's not a lazy cash grab even after all that Wasteland Workshop, Vault Tec Workshop, Whatever Workshop, Automatron Workshop DLC. There's plenty of forums that do nothing but rationalize it's awfulness.

Fallout 4 was supposedly in development for 7 years by one of the most major developers in the gaming industry. This means that we are supposed to believe that only the base game of Fallout 4 took an entire 7 years, because otherwise it means all that crafting garbage DLC was actually made during that 7 years and then deliberately cut from the game and repackaged to add $25 to the $50 Season Pass price. Either one of those possibilities is awful.

This game is *toxic* to consumers and Fallout fans.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    • [Like] [Like] x 6
  4. Erich van Loon

Erich van Loon Polish Winged Hussar

May 23, 2016
    I used to like the game like others, but then Geralt had showed me the light of true RPGS. /s

But seriously, I used to like it, and now I'd willingly give it away.

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  5. Chud

Chud Still Mildly Glowing

Jun 8, 2015
    I thought that revealed how bored and unenthusiastic they are to work for Bethesda. It's clearly just a job for them. It's almost like those guys drew the short sticks and had to make the DLC video.

6. DR_LaZer

DR_LaZer Donacdum

Jul 7, 2016
    You kidding me? Of course all of the DLC was made before the game was released. With the friggin speed they released them? If not, then they'd've had to've been working the second the game was out over Christmas to pump this trash out.

7. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Nov 26, 2007
    The FO3/NV editor can do it; the games themselves should have been designed to do it.
    __
    Mock-up using NV:Geck

Modded FO3:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    • [Like] [Like] x 3
  8. Black Angel

Black Angel Grand Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus

Mar 21, 2016
    Van Buren could've been beautiful *sigh

Oh well, let's hope both the fanmade and the inXile-trademarked ones at least delivers.

9. Millim

Millim The Big Straight Orderite

Oct 13, 2010
    I have a feeling inXile's Van Buren might be Wasteland 3 or something to do with it.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  10. Irwin John Finster

Nov 13, 2015
    If they (and Obsidian and every other developer) can stop making fantasy games for 2 seconds then yes that seems like a good idea.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  11. Millim

Millim The Big Straight Orderite

Oct 13, 2010
    At this point, I wouldn't mind seeing an RPG based on old 50's Horror movies.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  12. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Stubbs The Zombie RPG :D

13. eissa

eissa Altáriel, Lady of Radiant Garland

Jan 7, 2016
    more like Diabolus ex machina, since death is merci kill

14. Irwin John Finster

Nov 13, 2015
    This garbage DLC that was likely cut from the base game and resold to us has a 1.2 User Score on xbox one and 1.3 score on PC and 4.4 on PS4.

On Steam, only 33% of reviews are positive and many of those still recommend against it if you're looking for a Fallout game. It's sitting comfortably at Mostly Negative.

Fallout 4 is the biggest disaster in gaming history. No franchise as storied, loved, and big as Fallout has been so completely ruined in this way. This game couldn't even match up to Fallout 3 which was *supposedly* made by the same studio.

15. 0wing

0wing Все умрут, а я волномут

Mar 23, 2015
    I beg to differ

16. Irwin John Finster

Nov 13, 2015
    The original Deus Ex was ONE GAME in a franchise. There's a Fallout 1, 2, Tactics, 3, New Vegas, 4. So yea, like I said - no franchise as big as Fallout has been as completely ruined in this way.

17. 0wing

Mar 23, 2015
    Deus Ex was potentional big franchise full of top notch games. IW threw DE into a coma. With only a help of Square Enix and Eidos Montreal Deus Ex returned. Besides, everything about IW in the press was a complete lie. At very least with Fallout 4 you had the idea of what was coming
    At least Fallout has two separate entities that were proven to be working (although Gamebryo is really garbage), four big critically acclaimed games which potential expaned with toppest mods ever. At least Fallout was complete.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  18. Irwin John Finster

Nov 13, 2015
    This only supports my claim. Deus Ex was a single game, not some giant decades-old RPG franchise with several games' history. Fallout as a franchise is much bigger than Deus Ex.

Yea, Invisible War sucked but it doesn't compare to taking a nearly 20 year old franchise with like 5 previous titles and totally destroying it by turning it into a lazy childish cash grab that has absolutely nothing in common with previous games.

No single franchise in the history of videogames that is as big as Fallout has been ruined in the same way that Fallout 4 destroyed Fallout RPGs. People new to Fallout now think this franchise was a crafting game based on their experience with Fallout 4.

19. 0wing

Mar 23, 2015
    I'd say the ruined potential of big franchise is far worse than with Fallout case. DE:HR is a miracle of coincedences to even exist.
    Fallout is still popular and means something, we still can return to older games since they aged well enough too.
    Ultima was bigger and pretty much ruined with Ultima 9 in favor of Ultima Online and later UO was ruined too. This is worse too since not every single Ultima game aged well.

20. mithrap

mithrap Ring a ding-ding, baby

May 17, 2016
    Might get killed for saying that, but I actually never understood why it has been hated that much. Sure, it was far from being a masterpiece, but it wasn't THAT disappointing either. It was a commercial failure more than a creative failure, in my mind.
    Sure, more was promised, than what we received, but well. Many decent games suffered the same industry treatment, even Fable and Black & White.
    As for the setting, the complaint I kept hearing was that it was "too sci fi", but in the end, really ? Except for the Omars, I can't remember anything that doesn't fit in the established lore (held by only ONE previous title, as Irwin said. Nothing like Fallout, in my mind). There has always been cheesy stuff in Deus Ex, Illuminatis, aliens, sci fi, bionics, holograms, zealots, unbelievable artificial intelligences acting like Dr.Evil and clones in the established setting. Even anime weirdozoids like energy katanas and bionic Yakuzas. In the end, I don't really see how Invisible War raped the franchise. I didn't like the templars factions, but there has always been that weird faction in Deus Ex. Remember when you go to Paris, and the Majestic 12 guys (supposed to be ultra secretive, a force that isn't supposed to show itself) patrol the streets in full power armor, heavy weapons in hands, and nobody bats an eye ?

Even the idea behind the Omars is pretty decent, I think. The concept of cheating your way through black market, illegal bionics, with all the risks it implies, is a nice addition to the existing gameplay. Hell, even the next, next gen Deus Ex acknowledges Invisible War as part of the lore, judging by the first prototypes of technologies here and there, the very ones you also have in Invisible War.

Keep in mind that I played it years ago, and my memory isn't fresh. I just remember that I didn't understand why it has been so widely hated, but I may forget many things.

• [Like] [Like] x 2