VC Turret tweak

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Josan12, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Josan12

Josan12 Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 15, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    • [Like] [Like] x 3
  2. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    How did you do this thing? Shitton of manual pixel-labour or recreated as 3d models? Except for the shadows it looks pretty rad.

3. Josan12

Oct 15, 2007
    I didn't make it Lexx - it's from the RP. I'm gonna presume Conti made the 3D model and animation. I just added frames to the animation to make it so it doesn't constantly animate.

4. Magnus

Magnus Water Chip? Been There, Done That
    Modder

Dec 6, 2007
    This is one of those things I had no idea I wanted until I saw it. Excellent tweak, good job.

5. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    I made it...including an attacking (shooting) version. Ideally they should kill you if you attack someone in Vault City, that's the idea anyway. I never added pauses to keep the frame numbers down. :look:

They have all six directions, so if anyone wants to make it work in game - go for it.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  6. CPL

CPL Still Mildly Glowing
    Modder

Mar 16, 2013
    How would that work, a script file?

7. MIB88

MIB88 So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Modder

Feb 22, 2005
    Just create a new proto for art and add it if you just want it to move.
    A script would work fine if you wanted it to shoot once maybe... Or if you wanted it to shoot and do an instant kill. Best thing to do would be to make it a critter and add a script and proto file.

8. Josan12

Oct 15, 2007
    I didn't know you could 3D model Pix. I've never found the limit on the number of frames an FRM can handle. I suspect it's quite alot.

9. coldroll

coldroll Fuck Bethesda

Jul 4, 2012
    That's awesome Pixote maybe someone on the restoration team could add it to the mod.

10. BreakinBenny

BreakinBenny First time out of the vault

Jun 18, 2015
    The awful thing is those critter protos won't be placable on top of the wall in Vault City, they'd have to be on the ground and make it possible to HtH the things… apparently the turrets only work on targets who aren't obviously raiders, or were hacked to never open fire in the first place by the Bishops. :grin:

11. MIB88

MIB88 So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Modder

Feb 22, 2005
    I'd have to see what it looks like in game. However, there may be a way around that. By putting hex blockers around the new turret, the player would be unable to use HtH attacks. As for who they attack (or don't) and any other issues (attacking the player's party, being turned off, being reprogrammed to attack VC citizens or raiders, etc.), that could be set up with a little scripting. At least, I would try...

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  12. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    I used them in 2238 back in the days. Simply made them a critter, placed them accordingly and added invisible blockers around them, so you couldn't melee against it. I think that's how it worked. Thought, it's years since, so not 100% sure anymore tbh...