What weapons would you guys like to see in F5?

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by ElloinmorninJ, Oct 20, 2020.

1. ElloinmorninJ

ElloinmorninJ Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Jun 25, 2019
    What weapons would you guys like to see in Fallout 5 (or any future fallout game)?

I’ll start: I want some type of Super-Spear! Equivalent to a Supersledge, Power Fist, or Ripper, it could be the late game version of the normal spear. Maybe it could be called the “Lancer” or something similar. It’d have a metal shaft, and like a sledge could have some type of kinetic slashing thing? I think it’s a good idea.

Also, I want a midgame Fist Weapon. My idea would be to have some type of bladed gauntlet, or a prototype power fist, called a “Shock Gauntlet”. It would be better then spiked Knuckles but worse then a power fist.

Finally, more energy guns. An energy SMG would be cool, maybe an energy shotgun? Idk.

2. Atomic Postman

Atomic Postman Mojave Express Employee of the Month

Mar 16, 2013
    Post-nuclear weapon designs that aren't retarded pipe rifles. Moreso stuff like Metro 2033's weapons roster.

"Anti-Power Armor" weapons in the vein of anti-tank rifles.

3. ElloinmorninJ

Jun 25, 2019
    Pipe Rifles make sense on paper it’s just their design and use in-game. A realistic pipe weapon would basically be a shitty pipe nailed to a wooden stock. They should exist, but they should be the worst weapon.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  4. Sublime

Sublime Still Mildly Glowing

Jun 5, 2018
    Well New Vegas introduced the Thermic lance and the bladed gauntlet (and many others unarmed weapons). Agreed on more Energy weapons though.
    I want a realistic and strong flamethrower, acid granades (?), Gas granades, maybe small deployable robots and uhm I always wondered what would happen if the messed around anti-gravity and radiation concepts.

5. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Level 27 Wizard Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    Weapons from Fallout Tactics. I don't give a shit about the lore anymore so just DO IT!

6. Kaian Monte

Kaian Monte First time out of the vault

Sep 17, 2020
    I have my on lore of what happened in the Warsaw Pact, in my mind mind some countries leaves the Warsaw to join China, so they make there own weapons which are modern versions of ww2 era weapons.

7. Iprovidelittlepianos

Iprovidelittlepianos It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 12, 2020
    A “super spear” would be pretty cool, although the thermic lance pretty much fills the same role. How about a jackhammer with a blade attached to the end? That could do some damage, although I’d imagine it would need a strength requirement of like 10. Not exactly “super” in the vaguely-described kinetic-energy sense that the super sledge and power fist possess though. It could be an “automatic” melee weapon, like the chainsaw/ripper/thermic lance in New Vegas.

8. ElloinmorninJ

Jun 25, 2019
    Hey, I was just thinking: Is an energy shotgun or SMG possible?

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  9. ElloinmorninJ

Jun 25, 2019
    Yes! Also maybe make throwing a better more useful weapon skill.

10. Ugly Kid

Ugly Kid It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 9, 2018
    What about a jackhammer gauntlet? It's either on the side like in Doom or it's on the knuckles, but either way I think that'd be cool.

Power boots? In the original games you could kick, I think they should find a way to bring that back and add martial arts that use kicks.

A laser fist, first that shoots lasers.

Energy fist/knuckles, energy unarmed.

Grappling hook, you could use it like a lead in Minecraft, yes, that game, but also do cool stuff.

Finger launcher, launches fingers.

Wolverine claws

Detached power armor fist

Not a weapon, but I would love more unarmed styles like in the classics, but unlike the classics I wouldn't have it tied to strength or unarmed. Like if you become a heavy weight champion you can punch in a different way, if you become a martial artist then you can chop or kick better. I'd also like to rename unarmed to HtH/FtF or brawling like in Wasteland, or something else, because you still get weapons for unarmed builds.

11. Atomic Postman

Atomic Postman Mojave Express Employee of the Month

Mar 16, 2013

For an energy shotgun you could go for something pulp sci-fi esque.

A shortwave microwave gun that basically cooks anything within its short cone of damage.

Or something similar to the Needler from Halo or the Hunters from Half-Life, a scattershot of needle like fletchettes that explode in energy damage and turn the enemy into pulpy chunks

12. Morgan_

Morgan_ sudo apt install putz

Jul 3, 2020
    Cowbell.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  13. Sublime

Sublime Still Mildly Glowing

Jun 5, 2018
    Another thing I'd really like is akimbo for pistols and certain smgs. Also what if we could wield shields or double Power fist/mele weapons?

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  14. Octavian

Octavian It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jun 16, 2018
    There's already an energy shotgun and smg.
    The energy shotguns are the tri-beam laser and multiplas rifle.
    The energy smg is the laser RCW.

15. Morgan_

Morgan_ sudo apt install putz

Jul 3, 2020
    I think what I'd like to see is more of a focus on conventional weaponry with energy weapons becoming a very very rare and an extremly dangerous weapon. Plasma rifles should be limited to faction leaders/bosses and dungeon reward chests at the end of abandoned military bases that are really hard.

Also, carrying a plasma rifle on your back should be an attention grabber in-game. Friends and settlers are fasinated while foes will be more likely to either steer clear, or take potshots from afar. Maybe somewill even try to hunt you down for it.

Would be neat if the games AI changed behaviour based on weapons amd armor equipped. New Vegas already got this ball rolling so it should be possible.

The ability to switch between full auto, burst and single shot would also be nice. Going prone too.

Maybe give Eloin's staff the ability to ward off animals if you equip it with a science mod and stab it into the ground at the entrance of a cave, or while you make your stand in the open?

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  16. ElloinmorninJ

Jun 25, 2019
    Oh, I have a question: How did you guys feel about Fallout 2’s real-world weapons?

17. Hardboiled Android

Hardboiled Android A Smooth-Skin

Jun 7, 2015
    Always struck me as cringe

18. Risewild

Risewild Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    I never had any problem with them.

After all, even Fallout 1 had real world weapons. A few specifically:
    • Mauser
    • Desert Eagle
    • Red Ryder BB Gun
    And quite a lot in general, which still exist in the real world:
    • Brass Knuckles
    • Cattle Prod
    • Tonfa (ingame "Club")
    • Combat Knife
    • Crowbar
    • Knife
    • Sledgehammer
    • Throwing Knife
    • Assault Rifle
    • Hunting Rifle
    • Combat Shotgun
    • Shotgun
    • Minigun
    • Rocket Launcher
    • Molotov Cocktail
    • Frag Grenades
    • Dynamite
    • Plastic Explosives
    All of those exist in the real world, and most of those look pretty much the same as the game ones.

And there's also quite a few weapons in the game that were manufactured by real world Gun Manufactories in Fallout 1. Here's those manufacturers:
    • Winchester
    • Mauser
    • Colt
    • Glock
    • SIG Sauer
    • Heckler & Koch

19. eissa

eissa Altáriel, Lady of Radiant Garland

Jan 7, 2016
    Two energy weapons that work by triggering fusion reactions inside the bodies of its targets or shooting glowing particles that are actually micro-singularities that tear matter from their bonds as they pass through. And there is the melee variant as well. OWB style arsenal that not even Bethesda M.Zeta dlc can match.

I always like the idea of energy weapon as the upper tier of ordinary stuff instead of being separate equipment with skill on its own. So like Van Buren.

20. Octavian

Octavian It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jun 16, 2018
    I thought it was strange how they were mixed with unlabeled weapons. The mix of common and proper nouns doesn't sit right with me. It seemed strange to have a gun just called "assault rifle" or "hunting rifle" and named guns like the FAL and M60.
    They should either commit to making every gun name a proper noun, or making every gun name a common noun with proper nouns reserved for unique weapons.
    To do this they could give the fake weapons an official name, or they should have replaced the names for the real life weapons with common nouns instead of using proper nouns (for example changing the name "H&K CAWS" to "auto shotgun").

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 2