Where Did Lucas Simms Go?

AnimalAl

First time out of the vault
This is a new twist that I haven't seen discussed (could not find in search either). I took the step of disarming the nuclear bomb in Megaton and not informing the sheriff of Burke's desire to pop it. So all of a sudden, the sheriff is missing, his kid is referring him in the past tense, and Mr. Burke has abandoned the town.

I suspect foul play, but I didn't see anything, didn't trip any story plots. I was hoping to go back and glote in front of Burke, maybe shoot him then, but it appears that I will have to wait. Any ideas as to what happened? Is this just a dead-end plot or will I find a body somewhere? Will Mr. Burke confess his crimes at Tenpenny Tower?

AnimalAl said:
This is a new twist that I haven't seen discussed (could not find in search either). I took the step of disarming the nuclear bomb in Megaton and not informing the sheriff of Burke's desire to pop it. So all of a sudden, the sheriff is missing, his kid is referring him in the past tense, and Mr. Burke has abandoned the town.

I suspect foul play, but I didn't see anything, didn't trip any story plots. I was hoping to go back and glote in front of Burke, maybe shoot him then, but it appears that I will have to wait. Any ideas as to what happened? Is this just a dead-end plot or will I find a body somewhere? Will Mr. Burke confess his crimes at Tenpenny Tower?

That is how I played it and Simms stuck around and gave me the apartment. Sounds like your situation is a bug to me.

*SPOILER*
EDIT: Oh wait, I see you didn't inform him. Sometimes he disappears into his house or some other building. Just wait it out. I looked for him a few times and he was gone but I came back later or rested and he was there.

Ok, did you refuse Mr. Burke's offer to destroy Megaton? If so, did you report it to Lucas Simms? Did you see him run off to take care of Burke? Did you follow Simms? If you did, you should have seen Simms confront Burke, Burke agrees to follow Simms but when Simms turns around, Burke takes out a pistol and shoots him in the back. He dies.

[spoiler:f0e595abb6]I was wondering... ive heard rumours that with big enough gun and skill you can blast burkes arm away before he shoots lucas simms and thus save him, can this really be done ? Because ive tried multiple times allready, and simms seems to die with just one shot so i havent been able to gun burke down fast enough yet [/spoiler:f0e595abb6]

Simms can be saved yes. Just attack as soon as the conversation ends - don't wait for him to make a move.

I also killed burke. Informed simms, simms turns around the second his arm moves towards his gun i used Vats and shot him 3 times with pistol there and then unloaded 5 times or so FPS style and burkes head popped off. Simms thanks you for saving his ass afterwards.

this generally makes me pissed....in both times through the game....ive tried to save simms....but both times in ive killed him right as he drew his gun and everyone in the place seems to start shooting me, including sims....but if i wait until sims is shot then kill burke nothing happens....i really wish there was a way to get a non dissipating container without getting the house....im tired of lugging around 4 sets of armor all the time

The most immersion-breaking part of the whole exchange is that regardless of whether (1) Simms kills Burke, (2) Burke kill Simms, (3) they both kill each other, (4) you kill Burke while he's still talking to Simms, NO ONE in the entire town remarks on the outcome.

The town sheriff and mayor either (1) just got murdered or (2) heroically saved the town from nuclear destruction yet no one, from the bloody tavernkeeper who was standing fewer than ten feet from the gunfire to the cult leader whose God was theoretically just disarmed, consider it worth even a single mention in dialogue.

Back