Which would you rather see?

Discussion in 'Fallout: New Vegas Gameplay & Tech' started by Seasick91, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Seasick91

Seasick91 First time out of the vault

Mar 28, 2011
    Fallout 1 ad 2 released on the DS,

Or Fallout 1 and 2 released as an FPS rpg, like Fallout 3?

Personally, I think it'd be interesting on a DS..

With that, no graphics would need to be changed, and they game could just be ported.

With an FPS RPG, you'd have to remake the entire game.

So, what do you guys think?

2. Courier

Courier Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Orderite

Apr 10, 2011
    I don't think the demographic that plays the first two Fallout games is the same demographic that owns Nintendo DS's. :|

3. Korin

Korin So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Admin

Aug 6, 2010
    I'm a fan of first person RPGs... so I'd rather see Fallout 1/2 done in the Fallout 3 format. That may also be because I'm not a huge fan of the DS and if I want to play F1/F2 I just use the PC.

4. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    I don't want any of this.

5. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    DS maybe, just to have the games in a portable format.
    But then again, the most modern Linux handhelds might actually be able to play Fallout 1 and 2.
    The text would be way too small, though.
    If I had a tablet PC, I'd have Fallout running on it for sure :D

6. jorj82

jorj82 First time out of the vault

Jul 20, 2008
    Check this out, if you haven't already: http://www.fallout2161.com/news.php

I've been waiting ages for this :)

7. vanzizzle

vanzizzle It Wandered In From the Wastes

Feb 15, 2010
    First person would be cool. If it wasn't a shitty herp derp action adventure. Don't know about porting it though. Seems kinda pointless. I only play fallout 1&2 every now and then, not something I'd pay for again on a different platform. Still a good idea though but would need major gfx buffing. People that play on DS seem a lot more open minded though. Hence, fallout 3 being nominated for game of the decade.

8. outofthegamer

outofthegamer Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 12, 2011
    I think the top screen could show the gameplay and the bottom screen could show the text for dialogue options, and such. Then you could just touch the dialogue option you want.

9. brfritos

brfritos Humma Kavulaaaaaaa

Sep 8, 2009
    Like it or not, the first two FO's are meant to be played the way they were created.

Changing them to FPS will change everything, because you can't emulate that kind of style into FPS.
    Look the crap PoS VATS is!

This is the same of remaking a CIV game or Age of Empires II into FPS, it won't work.

[ ]'s

10. I'd like to see them ported to the 3DS instead. If they make it work, I'd finally have a major incentive to buy one before Nintendo releases that new paper mario game.